G-Technology RAID Configuration Utility hangs and never finds G-RAID with Thunderbolt

G-Technology RAID Configuration Utility v.1.0 hangs and never finds G-RAID with Thunderbolt. It is stuck at “Searching for Compatible G-Technology Storage System…” The drive is 8TB Thunderbolt/USB3 Removable and it is connect, Power on and visible in iMac Disk Utility. Is there a solution for this issue?

Hello Joel,

You might be using the wrong configurator. Use this one: G-RAID configurator

1 Like

Rydia,
I used the utility provided by you and after it first told me it did not find the drive it suddenly did and I was able to set the drive to RAID 1. Thanks for your assistance.

I used G-RAID Configurator. Maybe reason why my G-RAID Studio (Thunderbolt) becomes unreadable after I configure to RAID=1. I’m going to try this…

oops. Not seeing my drive.

Joe,

You are using the wrong configurator. Look in the title of your screenshot it is for the G-RAID with Thunderbolt. You have the G-RAID Studio.

DOWNLOAD

Got it. Thank you. :slight_smile:

I am getting same error code, with the G-Raid 4T, on a 2015 iMac. Is there any other downloads you might have up your sleeve? Thanks

Actually, it’s the G-Raid Removable Drive Storage System.
I found the help I needed in another post. Here is the link. http://download.g-technology.com/software/G-Technology%20RAID%20Configuration%20Utility_v1_0.zip

1 Like

I have been looking for the G-RAID with Thunderbolt RAID Configurator everywhere… I can’t set up my new 8TB G-Raid thunderbolt 3 because the configurator for it is not on the downloads page anymore… Every other type of drive is there… but not this one. Only the technology assistant is on the downloads page. this is so frustrating. I want to use the drives in JBOD mode.

The download is still in the same exact place it has not moved. G-RAID with Thunderbolt 3

It works with the same TB2 configurator.

Thank you this download worked the one I got from the website earlier did not. I also noticed that you have to disconnect all other drives when using it. Thank you so much this has ended my hours of frustration. I still can’t see where on the website this is… There are downloads for G speed Q, G raid Studio and G raid Mini but none marked thunderbolt… its a confusing page :slight_smile: but thank you very much for helping me… I now have JOBD set up