G-Tech G-SPEED Shuttle 32TB 4-Bay TB3 Won't Mount on Win 10

Hello, I just purchased an Alienware Area 51 R7 and my G-Technology G-SPEED Shuttle 32TB 4-Bay Thunderbolt 3 won’t mount. It’s formatted as XFAT and it won’t mount on the desktop. Does anyone has an advice as how to fix this? Thanks!!

Does the unit show up in Disk Management? It is possible it just needs a drive assigned to it. Also in order to use the device you need to have the TB3 drivers installed from our site: G-Speed Shuttle TB3 drivers

Thanks @Rydia Well this computer doesn’t have a Thunderbolt 3 port. We are connecting the G-Speed Shuttle via USB-C which I believe that might be the problem, correct? We will be installing a Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Card 2 Type C so we can communicate natively with the G-Speed Shuttle. Should that work? Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Yes it won’t work on USB, it needs to be an active Thunderbolt connection.

Did you install the Thunderbolt 3 PCIe cards yet? We use Asus ThunderboltEX3 pci’s for this, they work. Support from Asus is horrible though so we had to use this video to help set everything up correctly in the BIOS: Asus X99 Deluxe II ThunderboltEX 3, Gigabyte Alpine TitanRidge Thunderbolt 3 card(rev2)bios settings - YouTube

Hi Manoli, We installed the Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Card on our system (Alienware Area 51 Threadripper R7) but it didn’t recognized the hard drive. Which computer did you installed it?

Hi editprime, we have it installed in 3 custom build pc’s. X99 Deluxe II and X99 Deluxe 3.1 motherboards from Asus.

Hi, I am having the same problem.

This is the thunderbolt port we recently installed. This should work, correct?