G-Speed Studio XL Red light Drive Gspeed2Util Bad CPU type in executable(SOLVED)

I have a G-Speed Studio XL that recently went red light and red G on 2 of the drives after a brief power failure. I am aware that this is cause by a desync between the drives and the raid controller. I am also aware that the way to resync these drives is using the Gspeed2util CLI in the terminal but…

I am using a 2011 Macbook Pro to control the NAS over Thunderbolt 2 and when I try to use this command I get the Bad CPU type in executable error. I am led to believe that this is caused by it being a 32 bit command and the Catalina 10.15.7 on my Macbook is 64bit.

I have scoured these forums and other attempting to find the solution and have tried many things including:

rebooting my Macbook into 32 bit using sudo systemsetup -setkernelbootarchitecture i386
running it in the terminal in 32 bit using Arch -i386 command

None of this works and I am at a loss as to how to fix this.

Are my options really to either, reinstall a 32 bit operating system on my macbook(assuming I can find one), or toss the G_Speed Studio XL’s(I have 2) in the trash and spend money on something more modern.

Does anyone have a way to make this command work or to resync these drives on a 64 bit OS?

Thank you to any who can help

SOLVED :

My solution in the end was to reinstall MacOs Mojave, the last 32 bit OS before Catalina went 64 bit, and the I used the CLI gspeed2util terminal command to bring the drives back online. I have left the 2011 Macbook Pro with Mojave installed, as its only purpose is to control the drives and allow network access and put all of it on a UPS so a power failure doesn’t cause this problem again.

Frankly not supporting this command past 32 bit OSes is a bit of a customer service failure on the part of the devs. If these devices are that susceptible to power failure errors there should be a way for 64 bit users to fix it. It certainly wasn’t a simple process to get the app store to give up a copy of Mojave, every download kept failing, and i had to use third party utility’s to get a stable image and create a bootable USB.

Hi @Scodavvyy ,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask