G-RAID Thunderbolt 3 16TB connected to Thunderbolt 2 port on iMacnot recognised

Just received , here in Sydney, the G Raid with Thunderbolt 3 16TB bought from B&H. I have an iMac 15.1 27" late 2014 5K Retina, with 2 x Thunderbolt 2 ports. I am running Sierra 10.12.6
I have connected the G-Raid as follows: inserted in to one of the G-RAid Thunderbolt ports is the male end of thew Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 female adaptor cable. Then connected to the female Thunderbolt 2 end is an Apple Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 2 cable, which is connected to one of the two Thunderbolt 2 ports on the iMac.
I have attempted numerous times to mount the G-Raid, but it is not recognised. I have disabled my firewall and removable media blocking software (Eset). I have changed connection to alternate ports on both the drive and computer. I have turned on the G-RAID after booting up computer and tried turning on before booting up.
The G-Raid does not appear in Finder nor in Disk Utility. In “About Mac” I see that the Thunderbolt ports do not see the device.
Thunderbolt Bus:
Vendor Name: Apple Inc.
Device Name: iMac
Port:
Help!

Additionally I mention that the “G” light on the system is white.
I have also removed and replaced both drives.

I have also tried to connect to the iMac USB port using the cable supplied with the G-RAID, Thunderbolt 3 to USB - still would not recognise it. But my two other external G-Drives (not Raid) and a Seagate drive connected by USB are and always have been recognised. So the issue relates to the overall connectivity of the G-Raid. But strange that my Macbook Air instantly recognised it using the Thunderbolt/USB-C cable.

Answering only to say: I have the exact same problem.

So the device works on your Macbook Air but not your iMac? on your iMac I would suggest trying to reset the SMC and the NVRAM. Reset the SMC on a MAC

The only requirements for a TB3 device like this is that you are on 10.12.x+ and since you are on Sierra that is all you’d need. Obviously the hardware on the device is working if it shows up and is usable on another computer.

Hi. Thanks for your response. However I have the STC AND VRAM resets. To no avail.
Yes it is recognised on the laptop. But while my other G-Drives are connected and recognised on the USB ports, the GRaid is not when I use the supplied Thuderbolt3/USB cable. And not as I have explained either Apple cables.
What else can be tried?
Thanks

I have now connected the G-Raid using the USB-C to USB-A cable. The USB-C end is connect to the unnamed slot back of the drive unit adjacent to the power connection (and which is not shown in the product brochure) and the USB-A to the port on the computer. The drive is now recognised. But I will only get transfer rate of the USB and not the Thunderbolt rate I had expected when specifically purchasing this product. I plan to see a Mac service store tomorrow to try and resolved the Thunderbolt connectivity.

NEXT ISSUE: setting up RAID 1. No instructions. Searching the https://support.g-technology.com/KnowledgeBase/answer.aspx?ID=15105, I found G-Technology RAID Configurators & Utilities, then a link to “Answer ID 14045: How to use Disk Utility to Create a RAID 1 Array”. But this relates to the Disk Uitlity that was discontinued by Apple with El Capitan. Fortunately I found a link to Macworld "How to configure a software RAID in macOS Sierra’s Disk Utility
So I have been following the clear instructions in this article. BUT I have become stuck.
Referring the step-by-step procedure in the article, I have opened the Raid Assistant from the Disk Utility down menu, then selected “Raid 1”, and clicked to next page. There I have the option of ticking the higher or lower reference to the G-Raid Thunderbolt 16TB (and selecting “Slice”. Not sure which should be selected, but regardless then the Next button is greyed out and I cannot proceed.
Please advise and clarify the procedure and any reformatting etc that is required. Not the simplicity I expected.

Configuring Raid in Sierra

The performance will be the same on USB 3 and TB3.

Hard drives aren’t fast enough to use up TB3 theoretical ceilings. It takes 3 or more drives in a RAID0 to overpower what a USB 3.0 is capable of and to start using TB speeds.

Understood. But if this is the case why structure a 2-drive system with Thunderbolt, and extol the benefits transfer speed, when it will give no benefit over USB-A?
UPDATE: I went to my local Apple Store and I exchanged the adaptor cable (Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2) which I had bought last week. The when I connected this to the Thunderbolt port on the G-RAID and the Apple Thunderbolt 2 - Thunderbolt 2 cable to the iMac’s Thunderbolt 2 port, and Viola!! - the computer recognised the G-RAID. So the issue all along was the faulty Apple adaptor - who would have thought?

Re the Raid configuration issue I am having, as explained above under “Next issue”.

The packaging says one can choose between Raid 0,1, or JBOD - I would think that G-Drive icon or app would do this. Only by reading other posts on the forum did I see that there is a “G-Raid Configurator”. I searched Downloads and found the utility at [ https://support.g-technology.com/downloads.aspx?lang=en] “Download the latest version of the G-RAID Removable with Thunderbolt Utility (TB2/TB3)”. Having downloaded and followed through the steps (and “ignored” the prompt that said “your computer cant’ read this disk”, the configuration as Raid 1 was completed. I then erased the disk in Disk Utility and it was then re-initialised as Mac OS Extended Journalised as 8TB.
I trust this is as it should be?
(I note that a huge 1.49 GB is already used!)

Can I recommend that in the user manual that is only available on download one is pointed toward the right link/s to download the appropriate configurator, and then then would be far fewer people searching for answers to the same set-up questions on your forum.