G-RAID with Thunderbolt 3 not mounting on iMac running OS Sierra 10.12.6

My iMac specs:
-27-inch, mid 2010
-OS 10.12.6
-16GB RAM
-graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 MB

Trying to mount 24TB G-RAID with Thunderbolt 3. I assume its default formatted as RAID 0. Using USB-C (Thunderbolt 3) to USB 3 cable.

• not recognized in Drive utility
  • not recognized in system profiler

I’ve tried the following:

• different USB ports on iMac body (NOT keyboard)
  • reboot
  • reset SMC
  • plug into MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016) running OS 10.12.6. Used enclosed thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 3 cable. Did not mount, nor was recognized in Drive utility or system profiler.

Am I missing anything? Please advise!!!

If the drive isn’t working out of the box on that MacBook Pro as you stated then it is likely a defective unit.

The iMac 2010 does not have Thunderbolt so it wouldn’t work on there via Thunderbolt.

Problem solved:
I was plugging USB-C cable into Thunderbolt port on G-Raid. I was under impression that USB-C and Thunderbolt were interchangeable; am n00b.

But, G-Raid should have mounted on my 2016 MacBook Pro using Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt cable? Or are Thunderbolt ports on G-Raid only for daisy-chaining other drives and NOT for connecting to computers? VERY confusing.

They are only interchangeable on the Mac side. On the device side they are separate interfaces that are not compatible with each-other. This is standard as only Apple can combine them into a single port.