G-RAID (Thunderbolt 2) - 16TB - Will only mount on startup

Hello,
I have a G-RAID Thunderbolt 2 16TB drive formatted to RAID 1 (8TB Usable). The drive has been working fine, but over the past few weeks it will only mount if my CPU is shutdown, I power on the G-RAID, and then power up the CPU. If my CPU is turned on and I power on the drive it will not mount.

Once mounted using the above method the drive appears to work fine and no data is lost. CPU Specs Below:

MacPro (trashcan, Late 2013). 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Zeon E5.
macOS 10.13.4
64 GB RAM
AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

The issue could be from the way Thunderbolt is working on your system. Since the system is 5 years old at this point it could be worth doing some maintenance.

The first then we would suggest is Resetting the SMC and the NVRAM

Also does it react the same way when using it over USB instead? (You’ll get the same performance regardless)

I was just able to mount the drive on my MacPro using my USB cable. I also tried both Thunderbolt ports and it appears one works and one does not.

Is it possible it’s the drive chassis?

It is possible.

You can generate an RMA on our website for a chassis only replacement here: RMA creation After you get the RMA information make sure you send just the chassis alone, no drives, no trays and no accessories.