G-RAID 8TB Thunderbolt 2 Mounting Problem

I have a G-RAID 8TB (2 x 4TB) with thunderbolt 2 which I bought last year. The device was formatted to RAID 1 and it worked fine during the past year.

However, yesterday when I reconfigured the device to JBOD, the problem comes. It takes more than 20 minutes to mount every time I restart. The unit powers up and the disks spin up (front logo white light on, upper disk light off, lower disk blue light on). Then looks like it does nothing until 20 minutes later it eventually mounts on my iMac…

I’ve tried another thunderbolt cable, not improving. I also tried it on my MacBook Pro, same situation…

Please could you suggest how this can be fixed? It only happens when the device is formatted as JBOD. Neither RAID 0 nor RAID 1 has this problem. I guess it’s something with the enclosure. But how can I fix?

Many thanks.

While the drive is JBOD is it attached via TB or USB? Does it take the same amount of time on both interfaces?

An issue could be due to the way the controller is reading the drives, since the controller isn’t in charge of maintaining the RAID it isn’t checking both drive bays immediately. If under warranty we can replace the chassis.

You can generate an RMA on our website for a chassis only replacement here: RMA Creation After you get the RMA information make sure you send just the chassis alone, no drives, no trays and no accessories.

Thanks Rydia! Just tried USB 3.0 (never used that cable before), it mounted immediately!
So will TB work if I replace with a new chassis?

It should if the TB on the enclosure is the issue. If you verify the TB works on your system with another device then it would be the drive only that is the issue and a replacement would fix the issue.