G-Drive thunderbolt won't correctly boot

Hi,
My G-Drive Pro 4 To Thunderbolt GDRPTHEB40001BDB doesn’t boot / mount correctly on my Imac late 2013 (osx 10.11.6).
It stopped working while I was making a backup on another external usb3 HD… !

When I try to switch it on, the led flashes once and then nothing happens, led stays off and drives and fans don’t work. I’ve tried to change thunderbolt cable and port, ac power, tried to mount on a PC windows 10 thunderbolt port without result.
G-Drive Pro doesn’t appear on mac desktop nor in diskutility. When I use “about this mac” it appears in the thunderbolt port :

Nom du fournisseur : G-Technology
Nom du périphérique : G-DRIVE with Thunderbolt
Identifiant du fournisseur : 0xC
Identifiant du périphérique : 0x2
Révision du périphérique : 0x1
UID : 0x000C00010205B720
Chaîne de routage : 1
Version du programme interne : 26,1
Port (amont) :
État : Périphérique connecté
État du lien : 0x2
Vitesse : Jusqu’à 10 Go/s x2
Version du programme interne de Port Micro : 0.2.5
Version du programme interne du câble : 1.1.0

Bought the G-Drive on october 2014.
Any hints or tips to solve the problem ?

thanks !
Jerome Roussel

First place to check is Disk Utility to see if it shows up there.

The TB interface is being recognized but the drive might have corruption on it stopping it from mounting. If you see it in Disk Utility you can erase the drive and clean off the corruption and it will mount again. If you need data off the drive and it shows in Disk Utility but not the desktop then you can attempt to rebuild the partition by using a 3rd party software such as Disk Warrior.

Thank you for the advice. Unfortunetly the drive doesn’t appear in disk utility nor disk warrior.
I need to recover my data so I won’t erase anything.

If it doesn’t show in Disk Utility than that means there is a hardware issue as it is not being recognized by the computer at all.

In this situation I would recommend checking your power adapter to make sure it is 12v and at least 2a. After that then the next step would be to look into data recovery.

Data Recovery

Hi Rydia,

thank you for replying.

Well I went today to my G-Tech reseller for a diagnosis :

Thunderbolt cable, power adapter are ok.
4 drives (raid 0) are ok.
Controller doesn’t work.

So the best way to recover my G-Drive (not so Pro !) is to change the faulty one by a new controller.
Can you help me ? Who can do that ? How much does it cost ?

Jerome Roussel

G-Drive Pro 4 To Thunderbolt GDRPTHEB40001BDB (october 2014)
Imac late 2013 (osx 10.11.6) 16Go/1To

You would need to find another G-DRIVE pro and swap the drives on the inside to the new enclosure.

That’s it ! Any hints to find/buy an « old » one or only enclosure and functional controller ?