Forgot User name and Password

Hi,

Ive tried your reset option in manual(Holding 4 sec reset button), system got rebooted but still asking user name and password.

Please update me is there any other option to reset the drive.

Regards

Hello,

Please review the steps on the link below.

How to reset a WD My Cloud, Mirror, EX2, or EX4 drive

if this does not work then I recommend you contact support.

Contact WD

This has got to be one of the biggest loads of rubbish on the market - can you believe there is no forgotten username link. Sorry I wasted my money buying this. Until WD get their act together - online chat would be one obvious way forward - DONT BUY!!!

Instead of spamming various old threads with your rant, it might be better to start a new thread, clearly describing what problem you are having. Then maybe the users here might be willing and able to help you resolve your problem (this is a user-to-user forum, not WD Support).

If one has forgotten their user name then one can log into the My Cloud Dashboard using the administrator account to view the User list which contains the user’s name and password. If one has forgotten the administrator user password they can perform a 4 second reset which resets the administrator password to default (blank). If one has forgotten the admin user name they can perform a 40 second reset which will reset the administrator user name to “admin” and the administrator password to blank.

1 Like

Well at 70 years old I’m entitled to have a ‘rant’ - you just did.

Thanks for your understanding and helpful reply. The problem is that when I look at screen shots of what others post, it is not what I see. For example, I do not see a view users list, I can see how to add users but not remove them - not that i want to its just that I see something different so Im obviously doing something wrong. There are TWO passwords right? One for admin and one a user via a registered email address. How, using the ‘admin’ login, do I get to see the ‘dashboard’ (in my day they only existed in motor cars) that others see - where am I go wrong; thank you in advance.

What screen shots? None have been posted by previous posters in this discussion. When one accesses the My Cloud Dashboard and click’s on the Users tab they should see a screen similar to the following depending on their My Cloud device version:

From the User section on the Dashboard one can add or remove users and change their user name and passwords.

Note that the My Cloud Dashboard is DIFFERENT than the MyCloud.com web portal. If you don’t know how to access the Dashboard see the following WD Knowledgebase article.

For local network access to the My Cloud Shares that are configured for Private one would use the User name and password configured through the My Cloud Dashboard. For remote access one enables remote access through the MY Cloud Dashboard, including using the Dashboard to issue an email to the user that instructs them to access the MyCloud.com web portal to create an account on the MyCloud.com website. One uses this second account for REMOTE access to the My Cloud using the MyCloud.com web portal and several WD My Cloud software programs and mobile apps.

It is recommended one read the My Cloud User Manual (https://support.wdc.com/product.aspx?ID=904) to learn about the various features and options of the My Cloud. The My Cloud Knowledgebase contains many articles on how to use the My Cloud. And the My Cloud Learning Center has additional information on how to use the My Cloud.

http://learn.mycloud.com/

1 Like

Thank you so much you have solved the problem and I am extremely grateful to you. The screen shots I referred to were on other forums. This is what I was referring to. I never realised that there was a difference until you kindly told me so thank you very much for that. Apologies to all for the rant earlier, the result of frustration th we all suffer from at times but that doesnt excuse it. Thanks again.