Firmware 2.10.302 Observations

Not much difference in terms of functionality, however I just installed it.  hopfully others will add to this list as they find additional new functionality;

Web UI is now white and blue, definitely more colorful.

The default public directories can now be made private. - Hurrah!

The logs appear to be much improved with no unknown errors. 

My USB based UPS system is now properly shown with an accurate status.

Power scheduling now has much more flexibility.

DLNA media players now showing correctly

Twonky Version: 7.2.9-6

Notifications working again.  (May have just been due to the reboot.)

So far all is working well on mine.

Hi.

Sorry for my bad english, it is not my native language.
I received a message about a new version about two weeks ago. When I updated my EX2 to this version, there was some problems.
When device startup is complete, a power LED turns to red. Sometimes it may be blue, as it should be, but after about 5 minutes it turns to red again. Also when i make any operation with files, it turns to red immediately.
In addition when discs go power off, disk LEDs remain constantly powered on.
I could not find any information about this error, also I could not find any information about this version, so I decided that this must be a mistake, may be it was a test version for example. So i could nothing to do besides installing the previous version, and everything is working good again. There was no message about this version during this time, and now i got it again. So i’m worried, should i install it, or not.
May be this is a problem with file system or RAID (as if power LED will blink in red), but at this time i can’t do something with this, because disks are full of data.

Now I read another topics, and i see that other people have the same problem.
I forgot to say that i have tried to reset settings to factory defaults (make a 40 seconds reset), but this has no effect to this problem.

I use a RAID 1 mode.

It’s very strange how WD managed the delivery of this new firmware.

There is no announcement or changelog, still hours after the “silent” release.

And, by the way, it’s the same for other models (i.e. EX4, MyCloud …). It seems a beta, released for test without any notice or warning.

And, again, this is not the MyCloudOS 3 announced a month ago (hopefully) :confounded:

I don’t really understand WD.

PS. By the way, is it possible a rollback on 1.05.36 version ?

It’s good to know that “The default public directories can now be made private”. I haven’t made the change but I appreciate the option being there.

The website not showing the update is not that unusual because there may be delays in getting the update made public.

I’m not keen on “automatic” updates so I have Enable Auto Update = OFF. I also like to have to have a backout strategy. If it fails, can I roll back to the previously (saved) version if I’m not happy?

Of course any update carries some risk and giving it to everyone automatically increases the chances for something to go wrong. So waiting a few days for feedback before “advertising it” and then giving it to everyone automatically is a good idea.

I noticed that WD have not updated their firmware page so I just got 1.05.36 version and did a rollback. I hope WD will fix the LED problems with the new firmware. Once They fix it, I will update the NAS with the new firmware.

Thanks Vertech1, for starting this thread. I have not installed this yet…but what I did notice, which puts me off about this new firmware, is that they have not provided the GPL source code. I am not sure if they are changing their policy on making the source code available or not starting with version 2.x of the firmware, and continuing into 3.x…or if it was just an oversight (I doubt it because their process for releasing firmware must be routine at this point).

I wonder if they are just holding back right now because of all the bug reports?   I really havent had a single issue with it on mine, but the LEDs on the front do seem to behave different then they did before.  My guess is they have changed the meanings of the different LEDs and not bothered to tell us about it.  Just wish they would get on with it…  

I have not updated to this version, so does this mean no fan control options?

Unfortunately no fan control options.  (Seems a bit short sighted to say the least.)

Hello there,

With the latest firmware update to the My Cloud drive we have enhanced the reporting of error codes. LED behavior has changed to pulse blue when EX2 goes on standby mode (Sleep mode) and also to show solid red LED when there is attention required (such as Ethernet cable not connected). We are in the process of creating a Knowledge Base Article to address this change and I will add it to this post as soon as it goes live. Sorry for any confusion.

Need Help? Please click below for further assistance or contact us at 1(855) 556-5117
https://wdsupport.wdc.com/sfdc/case.aspx