Files not backed up message

Hi-
I am running a continuous category backup from my C: drive to my external Passport drive. The backup screen always shows this message:
Files%20not%20backed%20up

The message says:
Files not backed up
Files 9,585,939
Size 13.54 GB
View Files

The message is consistent. I select View Files but cannot.

Can anyone help? I’m running Windows 10.

Thanks,
Art

HI,

Check your C: drive memory size and compare with the external drive memory. I suspect you have run out of space on the external drive. Typically you need twice as much external space as the internal drive.

Remove some of your C:User drive folder files, especially the the two Program ones, as they can usually be recovered elsewhere. But do include Program Data.

I assume you are using WD Smartware. You should know that it is no longer supported by WD. The current software is WD Backup.

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

I have a 450 GB C: drive with 272 GB free

My Passport is a 1.81 TB with 422 CB Free.

How do I free up space on the passport drive?  Should I delete prior backups?

I will also check into WD Backup.

Art

I don’t have WD Smartware anymore , so it is hard to remember how the options for backup were arranged. I don’t recall how to free up space, if possible.

If you are going to look into WD Backup, leave the present Smartware alone. You can use both at the same time. Just setup WD Backup with a limited file selection and say weekly backups.See how that works out. Later you can delete either one: open the passport drive on Windows explorer and delete either WD smartware.swstor or WD Backup.stor, whichever you don’t want.

Cliff

Hello Cliff,

I wanted to let you know how this got resolved as I worked with WD tech support.

1. WD does support WD Smartware.  In fact, the latest release was end of May 2018.  I'm still using it.

2. I was told WD backup has issues with Windows 10 and they suggest using Microsoft's backup program instead. 

My problem turned out to be WD Smartware software.  Tech Support uninstalled it completely and reinstalled then all files backed up properly.

Art