File Sync Software

Hi all. I’m looking for some help please. I purchased a WD My Passport 5 years ago. I never used the sync software that came with it, instead I purchased a GoodSync license. Last year I made a cloud service my primary backup, but still want to use my WD portable drive as a secondary backup. However, I can’t justify $30 for GoodSync just to back up my backup. I went to use the WD software, but see it is no longer available. The free version of GoodSync for WD appears to allow only 1 backup, which does not help. I see there is also an Acronis for WD. Is that the full version of Acronis for free? Has anyone used it? Is it good. I only backup my files and folders, will Acronis WD do that? Any limitations with the software? Thank you.

Hi @drr15 ,

Western Digital Technical Support does not provide installation, configuration or troubleshooting of GoodSync products. Please refer to GoodSync Support to obtain support for GoodSync software.

Also, We regret to inform you that WD Backup is end of life and support is no longer available. We request you to download and install Acronis True Image for Western Digital or file history backup or time machine backup in order to backup the data.

Please refer to the following link to install Acronis True Image for Western Digital:
Perform File Backup & Restore to WD External Drive Using Acronis True Image for Western Digital

Please refer to the below link Windows 10 & 11: File History Backup and Restore to a WD DAS
: Using Windows File History Backup and Restore to a WD External Drive

For macOS: Time Machine Backup and Restore to a WD DAS: Time Machine Backup and Restore from macOS to a WD External Drive