EX2 Ultra OS5 HTTP access forbidden (HTTP ERROR 403)

Hi,

Hi, I have serious issue.
I upgraded my WD to OS5 few days ago first time.
On the night I my WD automatically upgraded to the 5.06.115 (was need disable it).
I received notification mail.

After it I found that WEB access that worked fine before upgrade, doesn’t now.

I tried few time reseted WD, but it’s doesn’t help.
CIFS/NFS/SSH and PLEX working fine.
But I don’t have WEB access, Cloud wasn’t enable, because it’s onl media storage for cinema and serials.

It’s known issue ?
WD have solution ?

Thanks
Gregory

1 Like

When you say WEB access, do you mean mycloud.com or your NAS’s web dashboard?

Have you tried a different browser or clear the cache?

I tried 3 different browsers (also from my phone)…
When I use WEB access, I mean direct access by IP/DNS Name in local network.
About mycloud.com
I had account when with previous os, and now I git error “Wrong email or password”, when I try reset password, I don’t receive e-mail with reset link (gmail.com).
When I connect to the old site(OS3), login is OK, but I receive error that my storage offline.

I will try clear cache and cookies again but I don’t believe to this action after 3 times :frowning:

P.S.I sure on 90% that when I upgraded my storage I’m disabled cloud service, because I don’t need access from remote to this storage only local.

1 Like

please help: after updating the version to Version: Firmware Release 5.06.115 (11/20/2020), access to the web Configurator (Web Interface) was lost. I don’t get to enter the password an error occurs: Access is denied, HTTP ERROR 403

Hi I have same problem after last update … HTTP ERROR 403 :frowning: HELP please!!

@Dpetrikov, @zdenal and @gregoryl Please try to clear to cache and see if it resolves the problem or not. If not, could you please list out the IP you have set to your device?

Clearing the cache many times didn’t help. The device is on a home network with IP 142.168.1.33.

@Dpetrikov Could you change your ip to 192.168.x.x and try it out?

Clearing the cache didn’t help :frowning:

Could I know your IP address?

local IP WD is 173.30.20.20 it is from DHCP server

Could you change your ip to 172.16.x.x or 192.168.x.x and try again?

with 192.168… it working :slight_smile:

Good to know that.

yes, but I need it in another network :slight_smile:

@zdenal It could be something related to this: Cisco Networking Articles - dummies

after reconfigured network with private ip adress rules it is OK … thanks for help!!

No problem and have a wonderful day

Thank you, everything worked after changing the IP address

I have few network segments. Storage segment 13.10.0.x, for example storage 13.10.0.2, host 13.10.0.106 and it’s not work, and it’s doesn’t work for WD only, QNAP & Synology don’t have this issues

I will try if 192.168.x.x. will work in my case, but do changes in the network addresses forever is will be very difficult. I have lot of devices and rules 100x more then devices.
This network works last 15 years, two wd ex2 ultra was added 4 years ago and all worked fine up to last update. I think WD should found solution without changing addressing of network, because issue on WEB only and other interfaces/protocols work fine.