Endless Blinking White Light

I’ve had a White light blinking endless since we had a power outage. Finally power came back on, internet back up but for 2 weeks now my box sits “White Fast Blinking” light.

I’m sorry but WD customer service ■■■■■, myself and my military command were floored by their lack of knowledge. This device has pics, eval reports, etc on it and cannot be lossed. I’ve never seen something that should be repaired in less than 5 mins take 2 weeks to “correct”. I spend 5 hours on phone with them today, passed to 4 different people - nobody at WD could give me a direct answer.

Next step is filing a BBB complaint. Sick and tired of outsourcing “customer service” to people that use English as a 5th language. I felt like I was being cursed out in Japanese cause they couldn’t give me a direct answer. Has anyone had this probe. I’ve done the unplug, plug back in, the 4 second pin push. NOTHING works.

God forbid if you are suggesting that the US military is using the My Cloud Home (MCH), something advertised as personal cloud storage for the HOME, as some sort of mission critical data storage. God save the US if that is the case.

Anybody involved in troubleshooting technical problems should be spending more than 3 minutes reading the essential Knowledgebase and forum posts which are all freely available here instead of 5 hours on the phone.

Nobody here or even tech support knows the state of your My Cloud Home (MCH) more than you do. You have access to your debug_logs and the age and status of your MCH as well as the port settings (UpNP) on your router and how you get your internet service.

Start there with the debug_logs and file a written support case ticket with WD support.