DVD Stuttering and Audio Problems

I’m new to this community so pardon me if this is a repost or in the wrong place.  I had installed 1.03.49 to play DVD images off my Windows 7 Machine using network share.   In my few tests the video looked fine.  Not thinking I upgraded to 1.04.10 and started trying to use the DVD images.  I noticed that now the video would stutter signifcantly, most of the time.  I’m using a 100mb network hardwired.  So I reved back to 1.03.49 and discovered after more testing that the images did not shutter any more, but I have much audio dropout.  Sometimes I only get the surround channels, without the center channel.  Sometimes I’ll get all of the channels, but most of the time nothing.  I guess I’m wondering if this DVD image playing works for others and I’m doing something wrong, or does it not really work at all.   I used a ripping program to rip Disks I owned.  Thanks.

Yes, the stuttering on playback of DVD VOB images is a bug lots of people have reported.

Playback of DVD ISO images, on the other hand, works fine.

setho, The stuttering and audio dropout problem is in the new 1.04.10 firmware. Version 1.03.49 does not have either problem. If you are getting audio dropouts with 1.03.49, try pressing the reset button and then do a restore to factory defaults.

Thanks, back reving the software and the reset fixed all of the stuttering problems.  

Where can I get the 1.03.49 or earlier FW that will play my MKV files smoothly?

Thanks!

How do I revert from 1.04.10V (newest) to 1.03.49?

In the settings menu of the latest FW, you go to system settings then choose update device… the only actions the WD does is to look for the newest FW on the internet.  I cannot get it to use the files on the USB key to revert?

How did you do this?

Thanks!

SOLVED! 

I was using the original version of the 1.03.49 FW.  You must use download the FW on this link: 

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduse​r/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5800&p_created=1289519053&p…

Use all FW and instructions on this link only.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5800&p_created=1289519053&p_sid=RyFYUxhk&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_srch=1&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MSwxJnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1yb2xsYmFjaw!!&p_li=&p_topview=1

Thanks for the link…

Now, I follow the instructions closely,… I cannot get the ‘download’ new FW icon. 

I formatted my USB to FAT32, loaded the 3 files on the USB, etc.

I reset, restarted, reset to factory defaults, etc… I cannot get the download firmware icon as indicated in the link.

Anyone else run into this issue and solve it?

Thanks!

SOLVED! 

I was using the original version of the 1.03.49 FW.  You must use download the FW on this link: 

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduse​r/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5800&p_created=1289519053&p…

Thats fine, but unfortunately I need the 1.04.10 because of Windows Live Essential on W7, and only the new FW connects to the shares if Live is installed …

So you can choose between pestilence (=1.04) and cholera (=1.03).

Rgds. Rolli-D