I have a problem

hey

tried latest firmware 3.10.09 as well 3.09.18 when i watch iso format movies after 1 hour watching i get freezing each 1 min why is that happening?

Thank You

i wonder why none wd firmw solves iso playing issues or nobody cares? look at other companies that support other devices none issues are on iso files

aistis wrote:

i wonder why none wd firmw solves iso playing issues or nobody cares? 

DVD ISOs work fine for me and always have.  So I don’t know what the problem is you’re having…

TonyPh12345 wrote:

aistis wrote:

i wonder why none wd firmw solves iso playing issues or nobody cares? 

DVD ISOs work fine for me and always have.  So I don’t know what the problem is you’re having…

dvd iso i am talking about blu ray iso i am refering to  http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Firmware/ISO-DVD-files-playback-issues-with-Firmware-Version-2-06-10/td-p/193230/page/2 last post i cant watch normally iso bluray as i see that only 1 solution to look for not iso containers but mkv or t2s format or buy new device if wd firmw cant solve it

That post is almost 1.5 years old, and really doesn’t sound similar at all to the issue you’re describing.   I haven’t seen many people describing that it works OK for an hour than fails…  Sorry, I don’t have an answer for you.

well if you look at lastpost :

"

I do agree that since firmware update 2.04.13 that Blu-Ray ISO streaming is no longer clean. I have continued to get random audio drop outs from all later  firmware updates beyond 2.03.24. I do enjoy DDTrue HD support in 2.04.13 which is not available in 2.03.24. I have tried changing network settings and different routers to eliminate the random audio drop outs. Even with the latest release 2.08.13 I continue to have audio drop outs. They occur when streaming DVD or Blu-Ray ISO’s from either of my NAS’s (2x Drobo FS). Also seeing audio drops during local playback of MP3, DVD and BD ISo’s from the internal 1TB HD.  So I know it is not a network issue but a firmware problem. I suspect between DDTrueHD support and the additional services the hub is now over tasked.

It is nice to see that you no longer to have to select Yes when the BD menu fails to play. I guess that WD has decide not to allow BD-J menu support at that jump point and went with the massive service expansion instead. 

I would like to suggest that the services be disabled that are not desired and get back to a point where the WD HUB is usable with it’s prime function of streaming otherwise it will become an empty door stop when I remove the internal HD."

person sais that there is no stable firmw for WD bluray iso formats “Also seeing audio drops during local playback of MP3, DVD and BD ISo’s from the internal 1TB HD.  So I know it is not a network issue but a firmware problem. I suspect between DDTrueHD support and the additional services the hub is now over tasked.”

what i say that not only me get problems with iso BLURAY files so i think wd feature firmw should concentrate on fixing this issue

But what I’m saying is that you’re one of very few posting in the last 1.5 years.

Whatever problem you’re having is apparently very rare.

I have had no issues with the few BD ISOs I have.   

I don’t have many, because really, they’re a waste of space right now.  I just keep the main M2TS file and that’s all.   There’s no players in this price range that do additional BD features, so it’s not like I’m missing anything…

But the two BD ISOs I do have still work fine (Avatar 3D is one of them…)

yesterday watched hobbit iso blu ray what an annoying issues after 1 hour watching sound gone and wont appeared:( seems that wd cant handle to play iso at all, please creators do something in upcoming firmw because it can be that lot of ppl who bought wd going to move to devices like "

Himedia HD900B 3D

Just use TsMuxer and extract the main .m2ts file quickly, it means you can get rid of all the Subs and Audio you dont need.

There is no point in using a Bluray ISO, you cant use the Menus anyway, make it easy for yourself.

1 Like