Random audio dropouts since firmware version 2.04.13 and up

2.04.13 update was nice enough to provide DDTrue HD support for Blu-Ray ISO play back. But clean streaming of Blu-ray ISO from a network share was lost. I also noticed it was happening from local play back as well for MP3, DVD and Blu-Ray ISO’s.  

I am curious if other users have noticed this issue without informing it here. I have flashed back to 2.03.24 and streaming is clean. All other firmware upgrades have random audio drop outs that you would experience if you had network congestion. I have tried changing QOS settings and different routers to resolve this issue. Returning to 2.03.24 is my only solution to have to a useable device that works. The firmware updates are suposed to be upgrades.

So today I was ready to replace the device with a Pivos Aios Network Media Player or get this WD Live Plus working.

I would like to suggest that the services be disabled that are not desired and get back to a point where the WD HUB is usable with it’s prime function of streaming, otherwise it will become an empty door stop when I remove the internal HD. 

Smiley, your post sounds more like a good Feature Request; best placed in the Ideas Exchange section. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it and will allow more users to support your idea. However, I would first search and make sure that there are no other active Feature Requests suggesting the same or similar improvements. If there is, then you could add your post and vote on it.

Live Hub Ideas

Regards,

Yes how about a working network streaming box like the  Pivos Aios Network Media Player I just purchased. It works great streaming files and is able to play some Blu-ray menus from Blu-ray.iso’s as well. No need to convert BD ISO’s to compatible audio or multiple play lists. I think I will wipe the internal hard drive and just limit the WD live Hub to DVD streaming. Yeah I’ve spent too much time converting files to make them compatible so they will work on the WD Live Hub.

Pivos Aios Network Media Player  plays VC1, MPEG2, H264 video and AC3, Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD without issue.

Boots and plays very fast from power on. Firmware updates so much faster. Resume playback option is great… It starts playback at the beginning while it asks if you would like to resume to where you stopped last. Fast que ahead or back during playback. Check it out if you get a chance.