DVD navigation Support added to LIVE - How about the Gen2?

I see it has been added to the LIVE lastest beta firmware and the Live Plus.

How much pleading do we do to get it added to the forgotten Gen2 ?

How about WDTV gen1?  Can it manage DVD menus?  I think it can, but making money is more important. Ok so sell the f****** firmware but dont tell me i have to buy another $150 media player.

I’m wondering about almost every wdtv player is getting dvd support except of wdtv 1 and 2? Can’t believe they can’t handle it!

Even WDTV mini supports DVD Menus, which costs only 30€!

Please give us good news!

It has nothing to do with “being able to handle it” and everything to do with licensing costs.

Mr_Lazy wrote:

It has nothing to do with “being able to handle it” and everything to do with licensing costs.

I’d beleive at this point that they maybe would throw in DVD menu support based on the fact that all of the other devices have it (not counting the Gen1 which isn’t supported anymore). Now that the Live is old and soon to be abandoned, they have no reason to add any new features to it. Based on that, it’s possible that they could add this feature to the Gen2. Personally, I’d take bug fixes over features.

I’ve passed this thread along.  I’ll let you, guys, know as soon as I hear something.

1 Like

how do you upgrade the wd tv live to have the same dvd navigation as teh live plus?

ElDimondo wrote:

how do you upgrade the wd tv live to have the same dvd navigation as teh live plus?

Start by posting in the correct forum.  ;)

Second, you have to have the Beta Firmware, which has now been taken offline, but you can probably find it by Googling for it.