Docker support in OS5?

I am unable to download the docker_19.03.13_EX2Ultra.bin file, it says “Forbidden!”. Is there a mirror of this anywhere?

@bowzee,

There are copies of the latest actual docker binaries at https://github.com/JediNite/docker-ce-WDEX4100-binaries/releases/download/v20.10.7/docker-20.10.7.tgz and this should work on all ARM platforms running OS5 I believe. You can take the contents of this file and copy into the location where the current docker binaries are and it should work okay.

Cheers,

JediNite

https://github.com/jupiterben/wdpksrc/releases/download/docker-v20.10.12/docker_20.10.12_EX2Ultra.bin it is I am using now

1 Like

that works for me on my firmware version 5.19.117 , passed both hello-word and portainer

This package is working fine : https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/wd-community/EX2Ultra/raw/names/docker/versions/21.04.06/docker_21.04.06_EX2Ultra.bin

That bin , while it says 21.04.06 it contains docker 19.03.8. Took me a while to realize why it was failing for seccomp2.
After updateing to the one shared by @jupiterben it all worked

2 Likes

It installed ok for me, but clicking “configure” gives me a message that 192.168.x.x:9000 could not connect. How did you configure it?
Do you have a link for instructions, please?

[EDIT] Just found this on the forum that may explain some about the portainer port 9000.

hmmm… After reinstalling, the config page of Portainer works fine.

Hi all,

I’ve just tried a test generation of the docker packages at Release docker-v20.10.14 · JediNite/wdpksrc · GitHub or Release Docker v20.10.14 for WD My Cloud · WDCommunity/wdpksrc · GitHub. Let me know how they go.

Cheers,

JediNite

1 Like

I have installed it and so far it works well.

Actually I even installed Release docker-v20.10.15 · JediNite/wdpksrc · GitHub and so far I have no problems.

Update: After tinkering around with the Git repos I built and started using Docker 20.10.16

root@MyCloudPro home # docker --version
Docker version 20.10.16, build aa7e414

Happy to have an up-to-date Docker running on the My Cloud PR4100! :smiley:
Thanks @JediNite

1 Like
root@MyCloudPro docker # docker --version
Docker version 22.06.0-beta.0, build 3e9117b

:whale2:

Update: Reverted back to stable Docker 20.10.16 after failing to run Gitlab-Runner containers properly.

Update 2: Updated to Docker 20.10.17 & Docker-Compose 2.6.0.

root@MyCloudPro sea # docker run docker/whalesay cowsay "$(docker --version) $(docker-compose --version)"
    \
     \
      \     
                    ##        .            
              ## ## ##       ==            
           ## ## ## ##      ===            
       /""""""""""""""""___/ ===        
  ~~~ {~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~ /  ===- ~~~   
       \______ o          __/            
        \    \        __/             
          \____\______/   

Happy Sailing!

1 Like

Docker v20.10.15(.bin) for EX2 ultra is not working with firmware version 5.23.114. I can’t configure. empty page at port 9000. I also tried with older versions of docker. Can you help me?

At some point Portainer changed its port to 9443. Please try https://mycloudpro:9443

1 Like

Installed the provided 20.10.14 on my PR2100 and works fine but it doesn’t update my docker-compose version (stuck in docker-compose 1.28.5)
How can I update docker-compose?
Thx!

You either change the script file to download a newer version of docker-compose.

Or manually download the executable file and replace the old one in your NAS.

Here you can get the newest docker-compose releases (x86-64 for PR2100): Releases · docker/compose · GitHub

1 Like

Most apps on the pr4100 (latest build, but been there for over a year) runs programs like transmission through docker… you have to jump through some hoop to get the CLI worked out, but I have an image that has utilities like rar/unrar or other docker apps.

There is even a Docker App int he Western Digital GUI, mines at 21.04.06

Far smarter folks have writeups on this :slight_smile:

~John

Hi.
Where did you find it ? Thanks.

21.04.06 is not the actual Docker version, but rather the date of it. It really contains docker outdated version 19.03.8. You can easily check this using the CLI and typing docker --version

root@MyCloudPro  # docker --version
Docker version 23.0.6, build ef23cbc

In fact, there is no stable Docker version 21.x or 22., the next version jumps from 20.x to 23.x