Docker missing in OS5 (EX2 Ultra)

Hello,

I’ve realised docker is not available on My Cloud EX2 Ultra after upgrade to OS5.

It seems the new kernel is not compiled with “mqueue” capability.

I really hope this is just a initial release limitation and docker will be added soon!

If anybody of you have any workaround how to make docker work on EX2 Ultra + OS5 please let me know.

2 Likes

Hi,

Docker is not supported on My Cloud OS 5. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

I am realy not sure how an “apology” helps. Just compiling the next firmware with “mqueue” would be the right way to go

4 Likes

That this would be an answer from “WDStaff” is awful. It’s a clown show:

“We are looking into a way to configure our Linux Kernel configuration so Docker can be manually added.”

“As mentioned in the previous post, we are making changes to our Linux Kernel configuration so Docker can be manually added. This change will be available in a future release.”

1 Like

@managementboy

The next release of the firmware should have support for Docker but will still be up to the end user to install it. In saying that, not sure that the very latest versions of docker will be supported, but docker-19.03.08 looks to work.

Cheers,

JediNite

@WDStaff any update on the release date on the new firmware to include docker support?

Your OS5 feedback announcement thread on November 4th said it would take some time. You’ve had nearly 2 weeks now, what’s the expected release date on returning this feature? You sold us these products with this support included and then took it away, we require a more specific timeline for the return of this functionality than just saying “soon” or “some time”.

1 Like

It looks like they are doing firmware releases every two weeks at the moment. So based on the date of the last few releases (12 November, 28 October, 14 October), that would put it around 26 November.

1 Like

I’m going to keep asking until they actually confirm a date for the release of this firmware. Also, Transmission direct access, and disabling https redirect entirely must be an option given to us. Removing functionality like this isn’t acceptable and WD is only delaying the inevitable and damaging their reputation by offering poor explanations and lazy apologies in the mean time.

1 Like

New OS5 Firmware version 5.0.6.115 brings support for POSIX_MQUEUE, docker shall be working again on EX2 Ultra, yay!!

Download it here

Additional info: Seems there is an issue with SECCOMP now. Thread here.

1 Like

Where are you downloading docker from ?
thank for keep us informed

1 Like

For example here.

1 Like

So finally docker works on EXUltra2 with the latest file.
Download link for “docker_19.03.13_EX2Ultra.bin”

https://dl.bintray.com/tfl/wdpksrc/docker/OS5/docker_19.03.13_EX2Ultra.bin

Thanks to “stefaang” from OS5 packages · Issue #57 · WDCommunity/wdpksrc · GitHub

2 Likes

I have installed https://dl.bintray.com/tfl/wdpksrc/docker/OS5/docker_19.03.13_EX2Ultra.bin . When i click configure in docker application, i get “This site can’t be reached” error and it points to wd address with port 9000. How can it be resolved?

1 Like

in my case i had docker installed in hdd2, so i need to fix docker path, like
ln -s /shares/Volume_2/Nas_Prog/_docker docker

Can you please explain this step more clearly ? I am having the same issue, pointing to :9000 port.

The link https://dl.bintray.com/tfl/wdpksrc/docker/OS5/docker_19.03.13_EX2Ultra.bin is no longer available for download.

The linked page shows the message “Forbidden!”.

Any suggestion on where to find an updated package of docker for Ex2 Ultra running OS 5 version 5.14.105.

Any suggestion will be very much appreciate.

1 Like

Found this source:

2 Likes

Thank you! I have been desperately looking for this :grinning:

Did you manage to get this working? I tried to use the link from robcav but I dont have version 21.04

by the help of this forum, a guy provide below link to download docker(OS5 packages · Issue #57 · WDCommunity/wdpksrc · GitHub)

it works on docker installation, but i dont know how to get openvpn works on docker, so frustrated.