DL4100 does not appear under Network Computers

Just came across this. May or may not help. No solution, just info

Cannot connect to CIFS / SMB / Samba Network Shares & Shared Folders in Windows 10 after update 1511/10586:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2131750e-d589-41f0-b6a3-1c7dac2361d9/cannot-connect-to-cifs-smb-samba-network-shares-shared-folders-in-windows-10-after-update

Hi All,
I wanted to provide an update on this thread to let you know that we are currently investigating this issue and I am working with the product group to determine root cause. The issue we are investigating is in regards to ‘Network Discovery’ not locating devices on the network.

The issue appears that Windows 10 is not broadcasting out an NetBT or RAP requests when searching for the devices on the network and only uses WSD protocol. If you navigate to Explorer > Network and changed to Details view and then add ‘Discovery Method’ to the column bar you should see that if you are discovering any devices they are more than likely only being found via WSD.

If you are encountering an actual issue accessing a network share (such as inputting \location\share) that is more than likely a different environment issue

1 Like

Gramps, thanks for reminding me to continue ignoring the daily MS reminder pop-up to switch to Win 10. I am not a fan of my Win 8, but it sure beats getting the Win 10 headaches. I will never change until they have this and other major bugs fixed. I will never change my Win 7 to Win 10.

It is really sloppy and stupid of Microsoft to introduce a problem like this when it has worked fine in this regard for many past versions of Windows; including Win 8.1.

KB out today that may help
KB3140743

Hi All

meanwhile I did some reconfiguration in the network and have found one of our accesspoints with activated Local Master Browser. After disabbling this Master Browsert in this special Accesspoint, all storages appear under computer on all Windows 10 machines.

It drove me mad that the NAS didn’t appear under Computer but I never thought that an Accesspoint causes this.

If it was there before What worked for me turn off unplug all switches and patch leads including router .let router boot up ,connect PC NAS then connect everything ,