Problems accessing EX 4100 via File Explorer

The NAS is set up with shares and these are accessible from some Windows 10 Home computers but some of the computers in the office are not able to see the NAS when browsing the network.

I set the SMB level to 2 and this allowed one of the computers to see and access the shares via File Explorer but a few are still not able to see the NAS or Shares when browsing the network.

Any ideas on whether this is a Windows 10 Home issue and what might be done at the workstation to see the NAS.

NOTE that it appears sometimes and then disappears.

Thanks.

–Art

Update:

Followed the steps below found on a support site. This fixed the problem for one of the computers that was unable to access the NAS via File Explorer. Waiting to see if this works over time but wanted to share this:

Can’t see NAS drives in your network on Windows 10? Here is the solution:
1/ run cmd as admin
2/ sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi
3/ sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled
Restart and you are done.

Hi,

Did you verify if the network discovery settings are turned on from your Windows 10 computers by going to “Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings”?

I am having the same problem with my new WD My Cloud EX4100, so I will post here with something I have found. I have fiddled around with three of my computers (all of which are running Windows 10 Home) and the NAS. Two of them (a desktop that is connected via Ethernet cable to my router and a laptop that is connected via Wi-Fi) see the NAS only as a storage device. The other, a laptop connected via Wi-Fi, sees the NAS as a storage device and a computer (as it should). The only difference between the two that I can see is this: the one that works thinks the network is public, while the ones that don’t work think the network is private. In reference to the above about SMB, I am running SMB3 on all the computers in question. I am guessing that if one can make the computers think they’re on a public network, one will be able to see the NAS as a computer. (Whether or not having it set up like a public network is good or is what you want is a different matter.)

UPDATE

I’ve messed around some more and noticed that I was seeing slightly different settings in the Windows Control Panel for these various network settings. What I learned was that the laptop where things actually work is Windows 10 Home build 15063. The computers where things don’t work is build 16299. So, seems things got broken by the new Windows build.

As always, any ideas on this are much appreciated!