Displaying Text

Surely there must be a way when using the My Cloud ‘App’ on an Android phone when accessing the WD my cloud home device to display a .txt file. Surely??
Open in simply flashs something on the screen and then returns to the opening menu. Likewise select does essentially the same thing. I have several text editors on the phone, but the my cloud app chooses to ignore them.
John A.

1 Like

Hi @Johnxi,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

@Johnxi are you still having this issue. If not, how did it get resolved? I have the same issue/question and it is driving me mad. Why can’t I read a simple txt file when using the app on Android.

Yes I’m still having the issue and, unbelievable as it may seem, I’m beginning to think that there is no way to view a xxx.txt on an Android phone when that file in on the WD my cloud home device.

Looks like the only way to preview .TXT files is to download them. REALY CLUMSY !! IT WOULD BE NICE IF A SUPPORT AGENT GOT INVOLVED IN THIS CONVERSATION…

The other option is to convert to Word, Wordpad, or PDF first, but that would even be more clumsy…

1 Like

I’d also love to know why my MCH is unable to display a file type as simple as txt. Anyone out there know? And no. I’m not going to open a support case for something that shouldn’t even be a question in 2022.