Only able to open PDF files via WDmycloud app on android

Hi, can access WD My Cloud Home 2TB no problem on local network or remote. Using the WD Mycloud app on android phone, I can see all the files and folders, but… when i try to view or download a file to the phone, i get file type not supported, then extracting file…just stays there until i cancel it. The only file type that I can view or download is PDF…
really annoying. my old WD cloud which became unsupported worked perfectly… seems like similar issues out there, any thoughts please?

Hi @AlanBD ,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:

The My Cloud Home (MCH) mobile app works well enough for something that is obviously not a file manager replacement for the mobile devices. Many file types could be opened with a single click if one learns how to use the mobile OSes and which of the many free apps to install to support the many file types.

Imgur

The Old OS3 My Cloud got hacked, so it obviously didn’t work right.

The My Cloud Home is OS4, a cut down version of WD OS for the ‘Home’, it was and is never going to be the same as OS3 or OS5.