Device offline in mycloud.com - firmware v03.04.01-230

I’ve had an absolute nightmare with latest firmware. I found a post on the community for a method to revert to older firmware. It worked, but had quite a few issues. Anyway now I have v03.04.01-230 and everything is running so much better. But the don’t appear to be able to see the device from mycloud.com. The dashboard reports cloud connection status as connected and i have registered (and also re-registered) the user account I want access for but when i login to mycloud.com, it shows the correct device status (WDMyCloud) but says it can’t connect and device is listed as offline.

One of the things to try in the resolution steps is to upgrade to latest firmware. Please don’t tell me that myclould.com doesn’t support this firmware?

Edit: it looks like this is the case. I managed to get further with mycloud.com and now it’s telling me that an upgrade is required. So if I update the firmware, all the issues come back (safepoint poor performance and fail to create) but cloud access works. If I keep old firmware, safepoints broken but i get cloud access. I really hate this lousy product.

If you downgrade the firmware to pre OS3 firmware (like v3.xx.xx) then you loose some (or most) remote access capabilities through the MyCloud.com site. This has been mentioned and commented in several prior threads since the introduction of the OS3 firmware.

Other backup tools are available…

So you have to chose between safepoints working or remote access through MyCloud.com?
And so far WD Support reluctant to acknowledge any issue with latest firmware and safepoints.

Can you please suggest one?

Depends how you want to work; standalone auto-backup controlled by the NAS, or using a host computer.

I use the latter, using FreeFileSync to backup and synchronise selected folders on my PC, and to backup the NAS to external USB HDDs on my PC.

If you want to let the NAS do automatic backups, look into using rsync; for instance:

Or just have a look at some of the things Google suggests:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nas+backup+tools