Data Lifeguard Tools: SMART DATA and "WARRANTY" field "1"

My WD1002FAEX-00Z3A HD passes all the SMART tests but it has a “1” under the column “warranty”. I have 3 (three) 1’s but most are all "0"s.  Does this mean the drive should be RMAed?

do you have a screenshot of it?

Hi,

Sorry…I thought my question was a common one. The warranty column is on the far right. The window can’t be maximized or enlarged.

sorry but we cant see

Weird…it shows up for me.  Must becuz I am online and signed in.

I think there are issues with posting p ics.  This forum doesnt accept imageshack imbedded pics. U also can’t UNDO marking SOLVED.   :angry: Here is the direct link: to the image. 

Further experimentation shows that ALL IMAGES are awaiting approval??? :mansurprised:

Images that are uploaded to this forum need to be approved by the moderator. Until then, you can see them, but we can’t.

As for your ImageShack image, here is the direct link, without ads or banners:
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3848/wdpic.jpg

I believe the warranty column is identifying those SMART attributes that are life critical or “warranty-able”, not those which have failed. If the value of any of these attributes drops below the respective threshold, then you will be entitled to a warranty replacement. Wear-and-tear attributes such as Power On Hours Count would be non-warranty-able.