Continuous Netflix problem since Firmware upgrade

I’m seeing some sporadic posts touching on this, but is anyone else having MASSIVE problems with Netflix since the firmware upgrade?   I did all the re-signing in the netflix, and personally I love the new Nexflix interface…its much better than the last.  But it constantly crashes (I’m talking 5-10 times a day) while browing selections available in nexflix, and in the rare event I DO get something to play, it ofter will freeze aboug 5 minutes in.  Everytie the solution is the same…pull power cord and cold reboot…

Any ideas?

1 Like

Same exact experience here. I am at a loss. I just had to downgrade my firmware. It is sooo frustrating.

This is a bizarre one.   Quite a few people are PLAGUED by this issue.   Others, like me, have NEVER seen NetFlix hang.   Not even once.  And for the last few months, I’ve been watching more NetFlix than any other media.

I had the same issue with Netflix also after the firmware update. I had several crashes per day using Netflix,  I almost rolled back to the prior firmware version as well. What worked for me is I had to reset my cable modem, router, and switch. Once I did that, I went into network settings on the WD Hub and manually entered the network settings again.

Netflix seems a more stable now, but it does crash every once in awhile but only on certain programs.

1 Like

This should be fixed in the latest firmware. 2.06.10

Very Disapointing Since The last 2.06.10 Update. I Love The Hub But Ever Since This Update Netflix Is Dead It Just Locks Up THe Device and I Am Forced To Hard Reset It. Also The Android App Won’t Connect To The New WD Photo App.

Hope They Come Up With A Fix. Rolling Back To Last Firmaware Right Now.

Otherwise Great Products Guys!

Ok, this is weird.

Yesterday afternoon, no problems with Netflix. I’m still on 2.05.08. I HAVE NOT upgraded to the latest firmware.

Last night, went to watch the same show (different episode though) - cannot get into Netflix.

I’ve got it unplugged for when I come home. Everything else works (Youtube, streaming files from my 2 TB external on other pc, etc)

Might this be a case where I just need to try and re-enter my netflix info? Or do I upgrade my firmware?

Up to last night - ZERO Netflix hangs or any issues at all.

Well if its a case of re-entering info its got to be easier.

Might just have been a bad night. I would try the info first.

Cater76 wrote:

Very Disapointing Since The last 2.06.10 Update. I Love The Hub But Ever Since This Update Netflix Is Dead It Just Locks Up THe Device and I Am Forced To Hard Reset It. Also The Android App Won’t Connect To The New WD Photo App.

Hope They Come Up With A Fix. Rolling Back To Last Firmaware Right Now.

Otherwise Great Products Guys!

You need to update your WDphotos.

WD Photo’s Is Starting To Act Correcly  Since I Updated The App On The Phone. I May Still Have Some Problems With Remote Picture Viewing, But Maybe My Router Setting Need To Be Adjusted.

Netflix Is Still Down. If I Enter The Application It Goes To Black Screen. Sometimes Shows One Cover Art Piece, But No Functionality. After About 1 Minutes I Can Push HOME To Go Back. I Re-Reigistered The Device WHen I Did The Update, But Ever Since It Re-booted Netflix is Useless.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

I have the same issue with Netflix, several reboots per day. I spend more time watching reboots than actually watching Netflix.:cry:

I have noticed it’s just on certain movies or episodes. If one episode crashes, then I will try one farther down the line and it seems to be fine.

I’ve tried the reboots, the resets, bringing my network down, and back up but same results.:cry:

Please fix WD.

I just re-installed 2.06.10 to see if this will fix any firmware corruption. So far, the hub seems more responsive. :smiley:

I have been unable to use netflix for a few months.  Every time I start a movie it will play some sound for a second then say “retrieving” and just freeze up.  I can hit the home button and the remote and it takes be to the main WD interface.  I really wish I could watch things, netflix works fine on  my pc and iphone.

Update: Netflix is still crashing.:cry:

Netflix seemed fine for a day then the crashes reappear. I have unplugged my 3TB usb drive, turned off compile media library, and…I get the same results.:cry:

I can stream through PlayOn 5-6 hours with no problem.:smiley: 

Is WD even working on a beta version for the next firmware release?

On my hub it locks up in Netflex after 5 min or 30 min, vey randon.  I have to pull the plug. The hub is totally locked up and nothing works. I am a little sick of my wife [Deleted] about it.  Should i roll back the firmware?

I can report this problem in the latest firmware as well. It happened to me consitantly. I rolled back to previous firmware and the problems have stopped.

Why are you posting here about the Hub? Isn’t this supposed to be for WD LIVE PLUS only?

@woodywdl

Look at the breadcrumb trail at the top of this thread.