Conflict file copy (code: 52)

trying to network copy from old OS3 my cloud to my new os5 my cloud home and get
conflict file copy (code: 52)

The My Cloud Home does not use OS5 v5.x firmware. The My Cloud Home is a completely different device than the My cloud line. What specific device do you have? If a My Cloud what specific My Cloud model? If My Cloud Home then see the dedicated subforum for the My Cloud Home devices.

My Cloud Home - My Cloud Home Duo
https://community.wd.com/c/home-cloud-storage/228

same issue here, file transfer from by wd abandomed my cloud to new my cloud stopped with the error message ‘Konflikt bei Dateikopiervorgang (Code: 52)’.
Is it true wd is not capable to solve this issue, or is there meanwhile a solution which is on whatever reason not shared here?

Is the “new my cloud” a My Cloud or My Cloud Home? As indicated above the My Cloud Home is a completely different device than the My Cloud. The My Cloud Home does not use OS5, the topic/subject of this subforum.

My Cloud Home - My Cloud Home Duo
https://community.wd.com/c/home-cloud-storage/228

If you have a My Cloud Home device see the My Cloud Home subforum and the several previously posted topics in that subforum dealing with Code: 52. For example one of those posts:

If possible, try using Windows File Explorer or Mac Finder to copy your files from one device to another. It also helps to use a computer connected to the local network using Gigabit wired Etherent rather than WiFi.

@Bennor,
thanks for taking care!

My old one is a WD My Cloud Mirror, operating on OS3, and not capable to operate on OS5.

As this is no longer capable on OS3, I’ve bought a brand new My Cloud Home Duo. Sure working on OS5.

Installing the new one, the My Cloud Home operating software offers network import from older WD My Cloud models.
Proceeding with this service, it’s offered to transfer the dedicated folders from the old to the new device. This service worked for smaller folders but does not work for a larger folder ~200GB. It ends up with code: 52.

Any ideas instead of copying directly in the file explorer?

The My Cloud Home does not use OS5 v5.x firmware. The My Cloud Home uses completely different operating system with different features and options than the My Cloud line. Currently the latest My Cloud Home firmware is 7.16.0-220. The My Cloud Home is not a direct replacement for any of the My Cloud devices. Many have discovered, after buying the device, that the My Cloud Home line has less or more limited features and options, than the My Cloud line of devices.

If you don’t want to copy from the old My Cloud to the new My Cloud Home using Windows File Explorer or Mac Finder then one should contact WD and file a support ticket (see the Support link top of page) with them over the inability of the My Cloud Home Network Import program to operate correctly. WD does have the following support document on the My Cloud Home Network Import option but doesn’t give a solution to the code 52 Conflict file copy error.

My Cloud Home: Network Import
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25687

Limitations

• My Cloud Home and the My Cloud device must be on the same Local Area Network and Router
  • Content cannot be imported to a My Cloud
  • Supports SMB/CIFS
  • Multiple share selection at import is not supported
  • Specific folder selection within a share is not supported
  • 3rd party NAS devices are not supported
  • Multiple imports at the same time is not supported
  • Smartware and Time Machine shares are for backup and its recommended these shares not be imported

If one hasn’t done so already they should post their My Cloud Home issue(s) in the dedicated subforum for the My Cloud Home where users more familiar with that device may be able to assist.

Other troubleshooting steps:
Make sure the My Cloud and My Cloud Home are connected to the same network router/gateway and that the router/gateway supports Gigabit network connections.
Avoid using either device while the files are being copied.
On the OS3 My Cloud Dashboard > Settings, disable the Sleep option.
Reset the OS3 My Cloud to default settings using a 40 second reset.