Can't see any apps on PR4100 with 5.05.111

So I just upgraded from OS3 to OS5… I wish I didn’t do that BUT here I am.
I don’t use cloud access as I live in the arctic and our internet is very slow and VERY expensive
I use my PR4100 almost exclusively as a PLEX server and it has been working great for that.

However recently I upgraded to OS5 :frowning:

So now when I go to the Apps tab all is see is Loading…

I manually installed the OS5 version on PLEX server and even though it is not listed it works fine.
My issue now, other than it being broken, is I need to transfer 2GB of data from my NAS to a USB… OS3 no issue, just set it up… OS5 not an option out of the box. I need an app to do that it seems… great how can I do that when nothing is listed.

I searched here for a while and read a few threads but nothing dealing with my issue exactly.

Can anyone help me on this… please

Apps page does not load : We noticed some users are reporting a loading issue with the apps page from web dashboard. We are investigating this issue.

Usually, I either download the files to your computer through the network and then to the USB (either through the MyCloudOS5 web app, if in a web-accessible share, or using sftp), or I stick the USB in the NAS and copy/move files around via ssh.

Thanks for the reply. Downloading through to my computer and then to the USB will work BUT with 2TB of data and my network it jumps from a few hours of transfer time to over a day.

I rarely interact with my NAS via SSH, in fact I hardly know anything about how to use SSH… I guess it’s time to learn.

I was so simple with OS3, I just pointed to the source and destination and done. I wish I could turn back time now and go back to OS3

1 Like

Hi @str8edg, I totally agree that it was much easier with the OS3 web file browser app… :frowning:
And with 2 TB the transfer over network is definitely not a working solution. If you are not familiar with ssh and bash, I would recommend googling some nice bash tutorials. bash is the shell (a.k.a., terminal) opened that you open through ssh :slight_smile:

1 Like