Cant play music through cambridge audio streammagic 6 from mycloud home

I have just bought a wd my cloud home to replace a broken wd my cloud. Its main use is to stream music to a cambridge audio streammagic 6 player. However I cannot get the player to recognise the my cloud home.

@Stevehutch

User Manual: My Cloud Home and My Cloud Home Duo (westerndigital.com)

I have the same issue with SONOS the path to my Sonos player is \192.168.0.2\Public try something similar in your player you really need the IP address for the drive

I am having similar problems. Regret buying a mycloudhome. It doesn’t seem to behave as my previous NAS did which was a Seagate.

Cannot use Sonos music library and have to rely on vastly inferior Mycloud app. Also haven’t figured out how to connect through Stream Magic for my Cambridge streamer. This seems to be a problem with enabling UPnP. Not simple to resolve.

They could help if they just improved the my cloud app. Eg able to search by letter.

It is always easier to blame somebody else for the short comings of a piece of tech that may have out grown it’s usefulness. Some of these hardware mentioned are 10 years old and used SMB v1 which is no longer supported by the new firmware of the My Cloud Home (MCH). One should update the firmware on the player if possible (unlikely manufacturers would support new firmware for something that old when they can sell new tech).

Enabling of uPNP or more precisely the media server DLNA is not done by default on the MCH, it is done via the PLEX media server under the ‘Do More’ option in the webapp as described in the forum and PDF manual.

• SMBv1 has known security risks and may leave data on the device vulnerable to unauthorized access.
  • Network devices must support Samba SMBv2 or SMBv3 to connect to My Cloud Home.

My Cloud Home firmware 8.12 and higher provides stronger security by only allowing SMBv2, SMBv3 and NTLMv2 protocols. This may result in previously connected network devices prompting for a username and password to access network resources.

DLNA via the PLEX media server under the ‘Do More’ option in the webapp as described in the forum and PDF manual.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. None of my kit is over 10 years and my streamer is 2022. I agree the Sonos is now a few years old and running smbv1 which I knew was the problem. I haven’t tried using Plex, I will look at this as a possible solution. I mainly use mycloud for audio and a little backup of photos.

I do think the My cloud app could be improved so that none of this is an issue. It is not easy to browse and no artwork appears so far.

Will look at Plex. Not optimistic as the interface you show looks very different from what I am seeing, but will read some more before I just think about a new NAS set up.

Thanks