Can't open folders (shares) in explorer using wd2go web access

This is my first post in this forum.

I bought 2TB WD My Book Live a few days ago.

When I try web access to My Book Live from my laptop, after I sign in My Cloud ( https://www.wd2go.com), I find My WD Device (My Book Live) and I can view shares. But when I click on the button “Open in Explorer” on either share, it shows the error message “The network name could not be found”. I’ve reinstalled Java (last version) and Google Chrome and this didn’t solve the problem. Tried to open in Internet Explorer but same thing occurs. I can open My Book Live shares in other computers and laptops using the same email address and password but not in my laptop. I’m very disappointed because I bought My Book Live mainly to have home storage data access from my laptop.

Can anyone help me?

Addition:

I don’t know if it is related but by mistake I installed  mbl_windows_setup.exe in the laptop, before trying wd2go web access to My Book Live, and removed it later. I think the problem might have to do with this.

Any ideas how to solve the problem?

No reply?

if it’s working on other computers but not on yours, then your computer has issues dude.

Check java again and if it’s not asking you for permissions then that’s where the problem is. Try with firefox as well in case you’re having a problem with Chrome.

1 Like

Today I “cleaned” again my laptop from Java traces, using Java Uninstall Tool and manually editing registry.
Reinstalled Java but the problem remained.
Used Firefox yesterday and also didn’t work.
Tried again access from another laptop and it worked fine.
I think wd2go web app simply can’t map shares correctly in explorer (“network error”) on my laptop.
I don’t know if it is related with the previous mbl software install and uninstall.
Could be Norton Internet Security blocking, but NIS shutdown didn’t solve the problem also.
I’m wrecked…

Also research and check to make sure Web Client Services are enabled.

Web Client Services are enabled.

In My Book Live - System Administrator (wd2go), when I select to see shares, 3 messages (security warnings concerning Java) are always shown:

Can it be somehow related to these security warnings?

I see the warnings, too, but it doesn’t keep me from connecting.  I’m running Java 7 Update 45.

I’m also running Java 7 Update 45, the last version of Java, launched (if I’m correct) two or three days ago.

Why does not Western Digital create app’s for other operative systems (I’m using Windows 7), like the one available to IOS (iPad/iPhone)?

It would be simpler than web access and a very good alternative.

In my iPad I haver access to My Book Live on a easy way, with no problem since the beginning, but cannot use full features allowed by a laptop or a PC.

sQuare wrote:
Why does not Western Digital create app’s for other operative systems (I’m using Windows 7), like the one available to IOS (iPad/iPhone)?

They do.   It’s called the My Cloud Desktop app.

1 Like

In fact  My Cloud Desktop app solves my problem.

Although I can’t still open folders (shares) in explorer using wd2go web access in my laptop, WD My Cloud desktop for Windows allow full, quicker and easier access to My book Live.

Since I can always use wd2go in others PC’s and laptops, that’s fine for me!

So, TonyPH12345, I’ll put a star on you.

“Big” problems sometimes are solved with “simple” solutions.

Thank you!