WD2Go - shares not displaying

Well I don’t know why but whenever I login to WD2Go the shares never show up. I login successfully, but when I click View Shares, the next screens shows Shares(1), but nothing shows up. Just a spinning circle… 

happens in IE, Chrome. I did try to rebuild the WD2Go server on my MBL and installed the latest Java platform.

Any help?

Here’s what is strange - using my macbook pro I see the shares and can open them in finder.  Strange!!

Try updating the MBL firmware to the latest version.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5735/session/L3RpbWUvMTM0MzE0MTEzNC9zaWQvYkl6NFNYMWw%3D

Its been on the latest firmware since it was released. I tried firefox and I get to the next step, but clicking Open in Explorere does not work.

whsbuss wrote:

Here’s what is strange - using my macbook pro I see the shares and can open them in finder.  Strange!!

What happens if you try another (Non-Mac) PC?

TonyPh12345 wrote:

whsbuss wrote:

What happens if you try another (Non-Mac) PC?

Don’t have another WIN pc. My mac works as it should. I’ve tried deleting the WDC certificate in java but that didn’t help. It just asks to reinstall when I connect.

Do you have any friends with a Windows PC?   Or a PC at work?

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Do you have any friends with a Windows PC?   Or a PC at work?

Yes. I will try with them.

Did you find a solution for your problem? I’m having the same problem as you.

When I try to access MyBookLive from wd2go.com, I can get to the state where I can see my shares. But clicking on “+ Open in Explorer” does not do anything. The mouse keeps spining as if the page has not finished loading. I tried both IE and firefox and failed in both cases.

I tried the same with an older PC of mine and it worked there perfectly. I can open the shares and access my files. This gives me the feeling that MyBookLive is actually working fine. So there must be something wrong with my PC then. However, I also tried to access MyBookLive with my PC through wd2go.com while I was at home (so within my home wifi) and it worked. This gives me the feeling that my PC works fine as well. At least it shows that Java was loaded correctly and it is able to create a drive from my share.

So, somewhere in between my PC and MyBookLive is not working correctly then? Is it perhaps the network settings or something like that? I would really appreciate if someone can help me out here. Thanks in advance.

No solution. My macbook pro works fine but the Win7 PC does not. Fails in the exact same way as yours. Its definitely a flash issue.

Flash issue?

I have tried with some other windows laptops and found that both an Win XP laptop with IE and Chrome and an Win 7 laptop with IE works just fine. So, it seems only not to work on my own Win 7 laptop. I wonder what setting I could have set differently to cause this. I have updated java, flash and even installed chrome, but nothing helped so far.

yzhangdelft wrote:

I have tried with some other windows laptops and found that both an Win XP laptop with IE and Chrome and an Win 7 laptop with IE works just fine. So, it seems only not to work on my own Win 7 laptop. I wonder what setting I could have set differently to cause this. I have updated java, flash and even installed chrome, but nothing helped so far.

Yep same here. It makes no sense.

i am having the same issue, it just seems to contiue loading and my share folders never appear.

i have tried it at home, and it works fine, but when accessing from a computer at work, nothing.

When i try from my phone, same thing, nothing.

I guess i could try from another and see what happens…i really dont know what else to do.

Do i need to open a port on my router?  I got this drive because i thought I could leave my port closed and router more secure.

cobrien wrote:

Do i need to open a port on my router? 

Yes, either via UPnP (which is automatic) or manually…  but two ports must be opened.

Your MBL should tell you in the Remote Access section if it was able to open the ports automatically via UPnP…