Can't Connect to Firmware Update Server

Hello,
My MyCloud firmware hasn’t been updated since May 18, 2018. I am running version 2.30.193. I am trying to update the firmware to the latest version via the dashboard Screenshot by Lightshot I am getting an error saying “Unable to connect to the firmware update server. Please check the network connection and try again.”

Here are my network settings: Screenshot by Lightshot

Please help, thanks

@mandala
You can download and install new firmware. Use this link.

Thanks for the link. I downloaded the latest Firmware for my My Cloud and my My Cloud EX2 servers. I see that the firmware file for the MyCloud EX2 is approx 100mb while the file for the MyCloud is approx 1000mb! Any reason they should be so different?

Thank you. I updated the firmware. After the firmware update completed, I tried to log into the device setup page at http://wdmycloud/ and received access denied Screenshot by Lightshot. Prior to the firmware update, I was not prompted to enter a username and password when accessing the settings. I tried to do a paperclip reset on the device, but I was directed to the same screen upon login and am still locked out. How do I access the settings page now? Fortunately I am still able to access the Files dashboard, but I’d like to check the settings. Thanks

Please disregard. I did a 40 second reset and was then able to log in to the settings page. Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

I’ve just figured out that the reason could be - blocking some resources (including western digital) by provider. Possibly according to your country policy. Some resources can be blocked mistakenly. I can’t log in with any accounts from NAS, also update server is unreachable.
I’m trying to resolve such issue using VPN or proxy, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to do it.