Can't access my wdmycloud from my iOS device?

Seem to be having some sudden problems with my mycloud device. I can access the drive from my mac - but can’t seem to access the drive from the app on my iPhone. I even removed the drive from the app on the phone, deleted the app and reinstalled everything and started from scratch - its says “connection timed out” before it can even find my drive. I believe i’m on the right network although I have a 2.4 G and 5G network available - any advice from mycloud users? have some crucial photos that need to be backed up soon!

Either the 2.4G or 5G is fine to use, although 5G will transfer files quicker when things are working right. Anyway, it could be a number of causes. Uninstalling and re-installing the app was good, but set it up the way it was befoer. Also, you could try rebooting your
phone by powering down by holding in the top button long enough to see the slider image on screen and slide it to turn it off.

If that doesn’t fix things, reboot your system meaning shut down My Cloud, router and modem; even your mac. bring modem/router back up, when done, bring My Cloud back on, then mac. Now, test with phone. Sometimes the router/modem needs a reboot. I do mine monthly just to clear out any gremlins as IP addresses can get out of whack for devices.

Hope this fixes it all. Good luck.