Can't access my EX2 via File Explorer in Windows 8

Hi, I have WDMyCloudEX2 which is two years old. I am not a tech guy but wanted a safe backup for my files and i configured it following instructions and it was mapped as “Z” drive on my windows desktop. Last week my desktop needed repairs and hence now I am trying to connect the WD to my new windows 10 Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop. I have called up the WD support three times and they are not able to help. I disabled windows defender and uninstalled McAfee to ensure they are not blocking access. Below is what happens:

(a) In windows explorer, under Network, Storage - I see my WD - name is as mentioned in the first line of this post
(b) When I ping the name - it doesnt ping. However when I click on the name, it takes me a browser with 192.168.1.5 as IP address. Shows Admin as the username and PW is disabled. I click on Login…it is successful - I can see the dashboard, various users, file folders…etc
(c) While pinging the name itself is unsuccessful, when I ping the IP address, it pings successfully
(d) When i right click on network and map network drive, Z is chosen by default, then I click on browse - I can see network - however clicking on it doesnt do anything. Manually when I map \name or \ipaddress - it doesnt connect.
(e) in my network sharing center, under advanced setting - everything is enabled - public and private and all.
(f) When I connect the USB3 cable to my laptop - it doesnt recognize the WD as external drive

All I want is to see my WD as an alphabet on my windows explorer so that i can transfer files. What wrong am I doing please? the router is the same, the cables are the same and it worked very well with my desktop. All I did was replace the desktop with a laptop.

I called up the WD India support and they just repeat the standard instructions and it doesnt help. Any help will be greatly appreciated as all my home theater files - audio, video, pictures are on this WD drive and am unable to use my home theater system. Thx