Cannot setup users

Just installed 2T MyBookLive on network.  Installed software on MacBook Pro with OSX 10.6.8.  Can see device and Public folder in sidebar.  When I click on Users via the dashboard, I get “Error retrieving user information: Internal server error. Retry your last operation. If the error persists, contact WD Support for assistance.”  If I continue and try to create a User, I get “Error retrieving user information: Internal server error. Retry your last operation. If the error persists, contact WD Support for assistance.”   Tried calling the “concierge” phone number, but I get a recording in Spanish.  Would appreciate any help in getting the device up and running.

What number are you calling?

To Contact WD for Technical Support:
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Regards,
Robothief.

Follow up:  I was able to get through to the concierge number.  I was told that when I updated software/drivers as requested during the installation process, the disk became corrupted.  They said I had to return the drive from where I purchased it and exchange it for another.  I did so and during the installation process, I ignored the request to update to the latest version.  Everything now works as expected. 

Very pleased with WD customer service - not too long a wait on the phone and they directly addressed my problem.