Cannot see SHARES in windows 10

I can log into my dashboard with username and p/w
I can then see all users (just 1 - me)
I can see all 4 shares public, smartware, JP, pictures

I go to windows and [add a network location]
I know my WD cloud name so I put [\Line7NAS\JP]
Windows does its thing - “you have successfully created this network location” finish
Then windows security window pops up
Enter your credentials to connect to: Line7NAS
echomaster
and blank space for password
I put in my WD My Cloud password (which I am assuming is the same p/w for logging into the dashboard - as I have no other p/w for My Cloud)
error window popup
“multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.”
== what does this even mean ? there is nothing else mapped to the WD My Cloud ==

When I do the above for the public share [Line7NAS\public] everything works fine and I see it in windows file explorer

Any thoughts?

What happens when you double-click on ‘Network’ in windows explorer, does the NAS show up in the list there?

If it appears try opening that NAS from there instead,

It means windows cannot connect multiple network drives to the same device using different credentials’. It’s a windows limitation.

You must connect to each share using the same user credentials. The problem is that Public has no access control, so windows connects to it with your windows user credentials. When you then try to connect to private shares, the MyCloud asks for MyCloud credentials. Windows won’t allow mixed credentials.

Follow the instructions in that error report:

• unmap all network drives on the MyCloud
  • reboot the pc
  • map any shares as network drives, but ensure you click the ‘connect as different user’ box, and enter your MyCloud cloud credentials

If that doesn’t work, you will need to use the windows credentials manager to delete any credentials associated with the MyCloud, and then reconnect the shares, using your MyCloud credentials for each.

If it’s asking for your Windows Network password then that is what you need to use. Is this what you are seeing?

WDMyCloudNetworkSecuritySI

yes but my WD My Cloud p/w does not work

Can you post a screen shot of the actual error message you receive.

Try using the My Cloud IP address rather than the name if manually inputting the server location.

This is asking you to sign into your network, not the My Cloud. You do know your network user name and password, right?

See example image below, click on, tap or activate image to enlarge it.

I had the same issue with My Cloud f/w v04.05.00-320.

I had disabled the NTP Service (settings/general), when this was enabled the share folders showed up again.