Cannot connect to my EX2 Ultra via mycloud.com

Firmware is up to date and it is connected to the network, I’ve tried accepting the security certificate but get an error message saying Safari can’t open the page. Any suggestions of what to do next? Thanks

I am having the same issue. I can connect to it via mycloud.com when I am on my local network in my house. If I try from work or somewhere else I get the same error (I even tried to reset the certificate). However I can access it on my phone via the my cloud app outside of my house. I was wondering if it is an issue with my router but I am glad to hear others have the same issue. When I look at the remote connection info in the dashboard it does say port forwarding is enable and connected.

Any other ideas?

Its more of browser blocking uncertified page. try with chrome app if its apple computer.

it should work if you can acces via mobile same remote feature.

I have tried Firefox, Chrome, IE and Safari (on a Mac and Win) and I get the same error on all of them. When I am at home on my local WIFI it works. You are correct that the app on my iphone works all the time (WIFI or ATT).

What is this Chrome app you are talking about?

Thanks

Did u tried to turn off antivirus and see
Its certifcate issue and unless you accept the risk which there is none since its local device. it will start allowing you

Cloud access to be enabled and relay connections are to be made and status should reflect as connection established. Check those.

I assume when you say to turn off antivirus you mean on my PC. I dont think that is the issue since I can take the same PC and connect it to my local WIFI (where the EX2 is connected) and I can get the MyCloud.com access to work without any issues. So the issues seems to be only outside my LAN.

I did confirm on the EX2 config that Cloud access is enabled and Connections Status says “Connected” it also says “Port Forwarding Connection Established”.

I appreciate all your help, this is frustrating.

Hey @MIKEAP,

Just to clarify, you can access your My Cloud from your phone app regardless where you’re at. You can access you device through mycloud.com from you home network. However, you cannot access your device through mycloud.com from work.

If the above is correct, can you access your device through mycloud.com from a computer that’s outside both your work and your home networks? If you can, then you may be being blocked by your work IT for security reasons.

Your first Paragraph is exactly correct Bill. My phone works all the time (Home WIFI or anywhere via ATT LTE). mycloud works from my PC only when I am on my home WIFI. I have tried it outside my work thinking the same thing, maybe my work is blocking it. No luck outside my home or work.

I have tried the same PC inside my home and outside (and not at work) just to make sure there was not an issue with my browser and still no luck. I have rebooted the EX2 and Factory Defaulted it to make sure there was not an odd setting that I could not see.

This one is really stumping me. Does the phone app and mycloud PC access use the same protocol to access the device (HTTPS)? Not sure why my phone would be able to access it all the time and not my PC.

The phone app uses the exact same protocol as mycloud.com. This may be a DNS issue with your local ISP. You could try setting the device’s DNS to a public DNS. Instructions for doing this are in the article below. Can you try it and see if it works.

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=17215

1 Like

I had exactly the same problem
My IPhone/IPad worked ok at home and away from home yet my laptop could not connect away from home

I solved it by setting up a new user. Then giving getting a code for the pc (despite the pc picking up the ex2 ultra when on the same network) . Inputting the code on the PC and hey presto it finds and connects when outside the network

Hope that helps

Bill I did change the DNS servers to the Google servers and it looks like it is working now. I cant get it to work from my work but I am sure that is being blocked. However I connected my PC to my Verizon MIFI and was able to get it to work. Do you know what protocol this uses? Is not HTTPS? Just not sure why my work would block HTTPS to this site.

essexboy I also created a new login and that one is working also.

Unfortunately I made both changes at the same time so I cant say which one worked but since my original login/email is working now I am going to guess it is the DNS settings. I am going to test again from someone else’s house just to make sure but hopefully this is resolved. Thanks for everyones help and responses.

Mike

I’m sure there are some subtle differences, being that you don’t need to use wifi in order to access mycloud.com. But I wouldn’t know specifically what they are, nor am I sure we could say. I’m glad the public DNS worked for you.