Can´t Upgrade my Firmware

Hello,

I´m here new and I have now a Problem.

I use my WD Media Player long time and I have already upgraded to a newer Version of 1.01.02 ( or something that ).

An now I wanted to upgrade to 1.03, but I can´t do it. There is no Firmware Upgrade Icon in the Settings oO

Can anybody help me ?

hello, I have the same problem! A answer would be nice
I tried to copy the files on a harddrive and an usbstick, but no firmware was detected and the firmware update icon did not apear.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3306&p_created=1235501746&p_sid=uoTG*pQj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_srch=1&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9OSw5JnBfcHJvZHM9MjA4LDI0NiZwX2NhdHM9MCZwX3B2PTIuMjQ2JnBfY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfZm5sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9ZmlybXdhcmU!&p_li=&p_topview=1

Backup all of your files from the thumb drive you are working with. Format the thumb drive as a bootable device and store the firmware update files on the drive. Do not have any other files stored on the device.  Try booting up the player and then attaching the thumb drive.

Hello

I use my WD Media Player long time and I have already upgraded to a newer Version of 1.01.02 ( or something that ).

i would like to  know which firmware i may update to my WD Media playrer.

i would like to know which generation is my WD media player.

thank you for your help in advance

download the upgrade from the internet.

unzip the file.

copy the files to the hard disk root folder.

switch on the media player. The media player automatically detects the upgrade files.

if it is a new upgrade it will show new upgrade found automatically and proceed to install it. it then restarts itself. (There is no upgrade button in the settings)

John

Hi,

Does anybody know where to download the former firmware such as Ver. 1.01.41 for WD TV Gen 2 ?

My Gen 2 had a problem upgraded to 1.01.77 and need the original firmware trying to recover it.

Thanks.