bought new WD Passport 2626 USB but no working

Hello sir,
I just bought a new WD Passport 2626 USB drive, but:
(1) no dirve number appears,
(2) unable to install driver

(3) diskmanagement shows invalid disk

see attached image
please help

can u test it on another computer too and report ?

just test yes the other PC (old Dell in 2015 win 10) can do.
Wonder why this new HP Pavilion 2020 cannot…

In some cases, storage device is not properly connected to computer and it cannot be recognized, for example, there might be something wrong with power supply, cable or USB port, etc. Disk is not enabled in bios or device manager. Here, I suggest you to try the below solutions once & share the outcome:

1. Check the USB port
  2. Update the disk drivers
  3. Partition & Format the drive

Hope it helps!!

Base on WD support website. SES drivers should automatic download and install by Windows update if your computer has internet connection. But you can manually download and install if it does not automatic do it for you.

Since you have no data on the drive yet and after install the SES driver. You can try to format the drive again. See if that work.

The installation of WD security and Utilities didn’t get to finish could have result in your Antivirus doing the scan on the files install in to your computer. You can try to disable to scan then install the software. After that you can enable to scan again.

Hello Jebusx
Sorry I have istalled the driver you advice, but after plug-in, the drive E appears but unable to be accessed, then everything the same, and I cannot uninstall the mass storage driver.
PS I cannot format it as it will cause disaster for the data.

Hope you can help, thanks!