Both HD Leds RED, cannot access MyCloud EX2

Just installed two WD RED 3TB in the MyCloud EX2, plugged it in to a port on my ATT modem/router, all LEDs green (power LED flashing), but when power LED stops flashing (goes to solid green) the two HDD LEDs turn RED. When I try access it via My Cloud OS3 End of Service | Western Digital I get a blank screen with this message: Forbidden -You don’t have permission to access / on this server. What is wrong?

Hi,

You could refer to the following link: 2 and 4 Bay Internal Drive Replacement for WD My Cloud

I had the same problem, but wasn’t really a problem. The new drives have to be initialized in the My Cloud EX2. Go to Storage → Disk Status. If the two disks are seen there they should show a status of good then all you need to do is set them up as a RAID, or JBOD. Once you do this the LED’s will turn green.

The problem was bypassing the browser message “Forbidden -You don’t have permission to access / on this server”… I kept trying and suddenly I had access, and initialized in RAID and formated, then everything OK. Have no idea why it allowed access, I had tried everything before, to no avail. This error (two red LEDs for drives, Pwr led Green) should be listed in the manual somewhere, but it is nowhere, I think this is a major fault by WD, took me two days to get this working. Thanks for your feedback though.

Same problem here, power led flashes at power on, when it finally stops, it goes blue, but both HDD LED go red and unable to connect. Checked drives, they work. Shame on you WD MyCloud EX2, piece of ■■■■ this storage unit is. Sent urgent email to them 5 days ago, no response and still down.

that isn’t the problem, since both HDD failed at the same time? Both drive verify to be good, its that WD MyCloud Ultra piece of ■■■■. Absolutely disappointed in WD product and support.