Blue Screen of Death - PC repeatedly crashes since introducing MBL to it

Have to say I am very dissapointed.

Firstly with the slow transfer speeds, the best I say was around 20mb/s

Secondly with lag when using tablet via wifi (picture is fine but sound drops out after a few minutes of playback) and this is running through a netgear CG3100 modem on cable.

But mostly it has been the crashes.

Half way into transfering files onto it my pc locks up and then blue screens and this has happenned at least 12 times in the last few days.

And its not the PC being overworked, its an AMD FX 6300 six core 3.5GHz with 8.00GB of RAM using about 8% of CPU when running the MBL - it has ran faultlessly since I had it built 12 mths ago.

All event viewer shows if Kernel-Power 41 (63)

Looking at various comments on the interweb it seems I am not alone with having problems with this thing though I havent found to many saying they get the Blue Screen of Death

I have sent off requests for assistance to WD twice with zero response and seeing as there has been no response I am close to requesting a refund or chargeback done via creditcard .

Before I do that has anyone here got any pointers as to what the problem is?

Thanks

So no one?

The simple addition of hardware to a network is not going to cause BSODs unless there’s already something amiss with the host PC in the first place.

You’re getting a WINDOWS STOP 0x0000000A:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff560129(v=vs.85).aspx

…which points to a kernel-level or BIOS / hardware issue.

According to the error code,  “The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS.”

Since the MBLD doesn’t natively use device drivers or system services, then the error points to a problem on your PC BIOS.

If you installed WD’s software, try uninstalling it.

If you are trying to use WD’s Desktop App for transferring the files, try using an ordinary file copy using native Windows.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

The simple addition of hardware to a network is not going to cause BSODs unless there’s already something amiss with the host PC in the first place.

I would tend to agree, but I only had these problems after installing the device.

When I uninstalled the device the problems never reoccurred.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

If you installed WD’s software, try uninstalling it.

Are you saying WD released a device onto the market with a software issue? :dizzy_face:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

If you are trying to use WD’s Desktop App for transferring the files, try using an ordinary file copy using native Windows.

I was and now I am not.

As yet after nearly 2 hours I have has no BSOD and transfer rates are around 30MB/sec

Also I can stream video to my tablet at the same time and am currently 50 minutes into a movie and still have sound.

The record before that was 5 minutes before sound dropped off.

Perhaps the MBL took the threat of banning it from my life seriously? :wink:

dave5678 wrote:

As yet after nearly 2 hours I have has no BSOD and transfer rates are around 30MB/sec>  

Also I can stream video to my tablet at the same time and am currently 50 minutes into a movie and still have sound.

The record before that was 5 minutes before sound dropped off.

Perhaps the MBL took the threat of banning it from my life seriously? :wink:

I spoke to soon 

40 minutes into a movie stored on MBL using XBMC and the picture froze and I had no reponse from controls

Hit ctrl alt del to access task manager (to shut down XBMC) and that was where it ended.

No BSOD but a locked up PC and after about 5minutes had to power off and restart.

Of course I never had this problem before MBL and I would bet serious money that if I disconnected MBL now I would never see a problem again either.