New MBL Install Several Serious Errors

Currently have three Western Digital Drives, two USB and the newest being a MBL.  Since installing the MBL I have encountered the following problems (not seen previously):

1. Network Link Down - This happens typically after transferring large amounts of data over a long period of time.  Resetting the drive seems to fix this.

2. Unexplained System Shutdowns - This has happened twice since installing this drive and is the most frustrating.  

3. Unexplained Boot Priority Changes in BIOS - I’m assuming this has something to do with number 2.  I have never seen this happen with a BIOS.  The boot priority changes to my CD-ROM and WD Drives (USB) without warning and with BIOS write protection enabled.

4. WD SES Driver Error - Win 7 troubleshooting popup.  It’s solution just brings me to the WD support page.

I am really happy with my two USB drives but these problems associated with the MBL are infuriating and persistent.  Please find a solution to this as it seems I am not the only one with these problems (other Network Link Down posts).

System Info:

Intel(R) Core™2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz

Asus P5Q3 Deluxe WiFi-AP@n Mobo

8GB DDR3 1333 SDRAM

2 WD Caviar 500GB Drives RAID 0

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+

Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet
Controller

WD My Book 1110 1TB USB Drive

WD My Book 1130 2TB USB Drive

WD My Book Live 2TB Network Drive

Netgear WNDR3400 N600 Router

Windows 7 64-bit

do you have any setting on the MBL for automatically updating firmware?  a firmware update requires a reboot.  just a thought.

1.  This is not unusual.  I had it happen to me twice yesterday when copying 50 Gigs of data.

2.  No way a NAS can cause this to happen.   Did you install the CLIENT SOFTWARE?  (SmartWare)

3.  No way a NAS can make ANY changes to the BIOS.   I don’t even think it’s possible for an O/S to make changes to BIOS.   Are you sure your CMOS battery isn’t failing?

4. Again, that’s not going to be related to the MBL.

If you installed SMARTWARE, then #'s 2-4 are most likely related to that;  not just the presence of the MBL in your environment.

I, for one, have never installed SmartWare.