Blue light always blinking

Hi,

I recently got used my cloud 2TB and 3TB. 2TB is working perfectly. 3TB was disassembled and formatted gpt ntfs. I put it back to my cloud and red light started blinking. I tried to format all formats I can think off, but still the same. Then I clone 2TB to 3TB, and now light always blinking blue. I left it blink for a day, but it do not stop blinking.

Advice?

In future, donā€™t mess about with things you donā€™t understandā€¦

For now, you will need to re-build the HDD, which is a multi-partition, Linux-based file system, which includes the MyCloud operating system. The MyCloud is a linux-based file server, not a simple HDD.

See the following guides for ā€˜unbrickingā€™ or replacing the HDD. You will need to determine what firmware you need to install on it. If the serial number ends in -00 (or possibly -01), itā€™s a Gen1/v4 firmware. If it ends in -10, itā€™s a Gen2/v2 firmware. You may have to search the forum for Gen2 unbricking guides.

1 Like

Depending on how you cloned it (did you do a bit-level clone, or just copy the files?), You might try a simple 40-second reset (power off, press & hold reset, power up, release reset after 40 seconds). This might encourage the device to resize the storage to the 3TB drive.

1 Like

Start searching (using the forum search feature, magnifying glass icon upper right) the ā€œunbrickā€ threads to unbrick the 3TB unit. The OS for the My Cloud resides on the hard drive. When the drive was reformatted (and no OS/firmware loaded to the drive) it wiped out the OS which results in the RED front LED.

1 Like

So I try everything I can found and nothing works, I have -10, itā€™s a Gen2/v2. I Cant find image for drive. Maybe someone have image of gen2 3TB? Because now I see my only option is to by another drive gen2 3TB HDD and clone itā€¦