Backup of multiple cards creates a mess

Hello and thanks for all the info above. I’m an old fart when it comes to understanding any new technologies. I can follow directions but I can’t trouble shoot or figure anything out if it doesn’t do what it is supposed to do.

I will be on a 6 week trip with an iPhone 6s, Sony FDR-X3000, 1 -128G, and 2 - 64G micro SD cards and either a WD MyPassport w/sd reader or something like it, or a whole bunch more SD cards.

I estimate I will need no more than 2T of storage. I saw in this thread that the phone can interface and thus control some functions or file naming with the WD MyPassport…that is great to know. And it sounds like the latest firm ware update is good but I’m not exactly sure what it does. I need a plug and play, will the device do that? Each time I fill up a sd card i want to be able to plug it into the WDMyPassport and know that it copied everything on the card so I can reformat the card and use it again the next day…repeat and rinse about 15 times without overwriting any files. I’ll probably just use the 128G card over and over and keep the 2 - 64G cards as backup incase I damage or lose the 128G card. I’ll have no opportunity during the trip to upload any data to storage on the cloud as additional backup so I need the WD system to work, it will be my ONLY copy. Do you guys think the WD product is stable, and reliable and a plug and play solution for my needs? thanks in advance for any opinions and if there is a more reliable and simple product than the WDMyPassport, please let me know the names and model numbers.