Multiple 'back up' copies of data wasting space

I’ve been transferring large HD video files from 64Gb micro SD.
However, I have come across an issue that has an impact on the transfer rate and storage capacity.
I’ve just returned from a trip where I transfered video files at the end of the day.
Initially (days 1 & 2 of my trip) the transfer of around 50Gb took 20 - 30 minutes.
However as the trip progressed the transfer time went up to about an hour.
When I got home I anticipated around 350 Gb of data would have been stored but found there was over 900Gb.
When I looked at the data stored, I saw that the device had stored day 1 no problem. On day 2 it stored the new data and created a back up (copy) of day 1.
By day 6 it was creating a 5th back up copy of day 1 in addition to the new data.
Although I’m not entirely sure, I assume this explains why my transfer times were increasing as the week went on and why I almost ran out of space…

Has anyone any idea how to stop it creating repeated ‘back up’ copies ?

After transfer, do you delete the files on the SD card? If not, the same files are going to be transferred once more the next time you insert the card.

Hi, thanks for the reply. The SD card was formatted in the camera after the transfer to the HD, pretty sure the copies are being created within the drive> ???

Ok, if that is the case I have no idea.
I have not the same problem when I transfer photos or videos from my SDs to MPW.
Have you tried if the same problem occurs with different SD cards?