Back up on multiple computers, cannot find old backed up files

i backed up an old machine and a year later that machine died. i now have a new computer and just backed it up.i don’t lose all my old backed up files do i?i cannot seem to find them on my passport ultra 2t bit external drive. any help at all would be great. just trying to figure out how to see the different folders where my backups were placed on my passport.

thank you.

Hello,

If you used WD Smartware software then both backups should be located in the backup folder.

The backup folder is called “WDSmartware.swstor” and it is located in the root of your drive.

Hey Hamlet, THANK YOU! i don’t see any folders, not even sure how to get into the root of the drive. i did use the software for both, and i know that the items i backed up are hiding in the passport drive somewhere, because if i click search my passport and type in one of my old file names say: “family pics 2014” that file will show up. how do i get my drive to show me both of my backups? this drive claims to be pretty simple to use, one would think that once you plug it in and click it,that you would be able to see a list of backups. sorry i am a bit computer illiterate HAHA.