Back Up not working Event code 1102

Hi all,

Hopefully someone might be able to help. I have had a WD My cloud 2TB for about 3-4 years now and not had any issues up to now. My back up that i do every week has started to play up. I get a email with Event Title: There was an error updating your safepoint. Event Code 1102. I believe i am on the latest firmware 04.05.00-315.

Any ideas on what might be causing this to not back up or how to fix the problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Aaron

If you use the “Search”, magnifying glass in the upper right corner of the forum and Type in “Error Code 1102” you will see many posts about this error.

See this.

The Backup on the MyCloud here has been playing up somewhat too…I’m about to just give up and run secondcopy to backup between the various drives instead.

I am hoping I will get time to have a look into this a bit more over the weekend. Found something to try when I searched the forum if I can understand what I need to do.

Atm I am using a portable hard drive that I plug in once a week, I have wondered about wiping it and then setting up a new back up and seeing if that makes any difference. I will post to how i get on once I have had a look into it a bit more.

Nope no luck think I will be deleting my back up and start again and see if that works.

I tried wiping the USB drive and starting again , now I’ve got a wierd error , at 8pm , I get 8+ minor errors reported saying the backup can’t be updated…

BUT , the backup is set to run at 12pm…and appears to work fine…

Same issue here…

Have a WD My Cloud updated to version 04.05.00-315. A My Passport Ultra 2TB version 1.022 is connected to the usb port. Safepoint backups has worked for years without any problems. Regulary I demount My Passport to store it in a safe place. After update to 04.05.00-315, and after mounting My Passport to MC this week, I get a warning message 1102 in my email notification.

The only thing that has changed is the new My Cloud version!

Windows 10 Checkdisk report no error on My Passport when connected to a PC.

A have tried this without any luck:

1. Restarting My Cloud several times

2. Manual oppdating of Safepoint from inside MC dashboard

Yesterday I searched the Cloud Storage > My Cloud forum with the word: Safepoint
In Advanced Search I set Sort by = Latest Post. 50 results appeared.

Most of them was about problems with using Safepoints. I spent a lot of time reading these threads, but I did not find any topic with a solution!!!

I do not understand why setting up a cron job to start a mirroring program (like rsync) on My Cloud can be so very difficult for WD.

I havent had any luck with finding a solution either it must be a firmware issue.

I did wipe my back up over the weekend and got it to back up again took ages. I will have to wait till Wednesday night to see if it back up on its own ok or not. i will keep you posted.

I’ve noticed a strange thing with the time settings in Dashboard.

1. Time for My Cloud is updated from time.windows.com witch is a Microsoft NTP server. Time shown in Dasboard is correct.

2. Notification emails (with warning 1102) are sent to me from My Cloud, and has corrrect arrival time.

3. But, in Dasboard > Notifications (yellow clock at top of page) the time is shown 9 hour to late for every notification. Safepoint stopped for instance 06:05:35, but notification under yellow clock tells me it stopped 15:05:35!!!

Is it a way to correct this time?

Update:
Despite the warning, mirroring actually works. I checked all updated files from yesterday, and they were backed up on My Passport. But I still get notifications with warning 1102 so I can not trust Safepoint.

I had exactly that same issue,

The clock time on the unit was correct the safepoint was set to go off at 12pm but it kept giving me an error saying the wrong time (8pm).

My solution? , just on the off-chance , I changed my safepoint start to the time it showed in the error report (8pm), after switching the time to match the one in the error , it worked absolutely fine,

Once I had a backup work…I changed the time back to where I wanted it to be…and it’s all been working 100% since then.

The only thing I can think of is something in the configuration got corrupted causing a clash , by setting it to work at the time the error said , it re-wrote the settings , which I could then alter to the time I wanted.

So i wiped my back up over the weekend & then rerun the back up & that worked. I set up the back up to run on a Wednesday night at 20:00hrs & it worked this time backed up as it should and no errors. I dont think there has been a firmware update but i will check.

So i reckon its either the firmware or a file was corrupt. Have to see how long it last if i have anymore issues i will post again.

Glad is works ok for for both of you now.

I’m still getting warning 1102.

I want to test your solution, but I’m not quite sure how you did it. Did you alter the time for My Cloud to macth error reports time, and than set Safepoint to start at 8pm?

No, matched the time of the safepoint backup start to match the start of the error reports.