Awful RMA service on Caviar Black

So my 1TB Caviar Black died within a year of purchase and I filed an RMA online. One month later and still nothing from WD. When I called the call center the moron suggested I wait till the current RMA expires in a couple of days, and then file another one!!

Is this kind of crappy aftersales service typical? I am going to file a complaint with the BBB.

This drive was their top of the line sku last year, warranted for 5 years, and for it to crash (wont power on) within a year points to atrocious build quality, not to mention the aforementioned sucky after sales.

Save yourself time and money and buy Seagate. I will.

Hello,

Please if possible PM me with the RMA number, in order to escalate the issue to the correct department and get a satisfactory resolution for your case.

PM’ed the RMA#.

Pl note in your internal communication that the call center customer service manager refused to take my call when I asked the matter to be escalated. They had no explanation why the drive wasnt picked up nor seemed to care. Been without a PC for 30 days now…and counting.  Will remark on this on Amazon where I bought it.

The case has been escalated, please check your inbox.

I have received a response from WDC support that the issue will be expedited and “processed” in two days. I will post an update soonest I receive one.

right. One week after the promised “two day” expedited process, no call or contact from WD.

what are my options, people? Small claims or BBB? Help me out.

Joejoe wrote:

right. One week after the promised “two day” expedited process, no call or contact from WD.

what are my options, people? Small claims or BBB? Help me out.

I apologize for the failure.  We’ll try a different tact, and make sure to push this through for you.