[APP] Transmission various versions for firmware V4+ (05/2020)

Ok, guys, let’s face the fact: Nazar is not actively around here anymore in this forum.

His website process to get credentials is broken (at least for me) for several months now.
Even with adblockers disabled, I end up in an infinite loop of advertisements, without ever seeing any credentials. I have tried several browsers and several OS’es (Windows, Linux, iOS, Android).

So how can we get the files for installing Transmission on our WD MyCloud?
Basically there are three methods:

1. We can (cross-) compile it ourself, according to this thread, post 7 to be precise:
    This takes some time, and is somewhat complicated. Also, the how-to has some flaws, so you need some Linux knowledge to correct them. Any questions, just post over there in that thread.

2. We can use the chroot method, also explained somewhere in this forum (sorry, no link)
    Personally, I never felt comfortable with it, because it is not straight forward. It’s like a system within a system.

3. Or most simply: We can download the relevant deb-files from Fox’s repository here.
    You have to copy the relevant deb-files to your MyCloud, log in via SSH, and install it via “dpkg -i debfile”. First do this with the transmission-daemon deb-file, and it will tell you which other deb-files are also required. Then try again with “deb -i debfile1 debfile2 …” and so on, until no more errors.

With either of these methods, you have available the actual installation files, so you can reinstall whenever you want. No need to hope for access to Nazar’s service.

Of course, you have to do the configuration of Transmission yourself, but there are tons of instructions in this thread we are in, and also in other threads like e.g. here, or on many other webpages.